Is Digitakt Just the Sampling Part of Analog Rytm?

I find my DT and OT are the ultimate sampler combo, but due to the complexity of these machines they both make me feel like I’m underutilizing them. They can all easily be their own standalone machine.

1 Like

Yea I’m really trying to stop feeling bad about not “fully” utilizing everything on each box.
I do feel like its a waste to have both DT and OT since I know I can do pretty much everything on OT if I try. But if its easier to do on DT then it should be fine to just use the bits you need!!!
Drummers don’t need to get pissed that they can only hit ~4 things at any one time :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Digitakt was my first Elektron machine, and probably the one piece of gear I’ll never sell (especially after this latest update). I’ve had moments where I’ve considered possibly selling the OT, but I lusted after that thing for a good two years before pulling the trigger so I won’t do it yet. My current setup has the OT and DT running together, and I should probably just split them up and use them individually more often.

3 Likes

Yes, MK1 does not sample, has no quick perf knob, no CV ins, less buttons etc. still a fine machine, but MK2 is better IMHO.

1 Like

There will be a huge update coming for the Rytm. That’s for sure. It’s a flag ship. For both Analogs I hope they will get more of the magic the Digis already have.

Also I made some huge patterns with the Rytm right away - with the DT it was more difficult for me. Can’t say why. I like the Rytm more. Great device and I won’t sell an of them anytime soon.

1 Like

Can I interest you in eurorack? :smiley: :smiley: Imagine that but with essentially unlimited devices to pick from but limited space / budget meaning you have to give up features with every single module you buy :smiley:

1 Like

same. I love starting with samples and then combining the analog engines to get what I can’t out of the samples. or mangling samples in some ridiculous way and having that sit underneath an analog percussion sound. it’s such a great device.

3 Likes

The rythm is really that.
The only box with sample player I have which is able to take a nice synth looped waveform without click and transform it into a rich warmer wave.
It has only one lfo which limit this area, but just for this kind of sound…

I’m always impressed by how it can sound nice when used outside of it’s traditional drum machine role.

The DT sound more “standard”, not in a bad at all, but it is unable to get that colored sound.

1 Like

If sampling is your kind of thing, let’s go for it, but digitakt is more advanced sampler, you have mich more tools to edit samples, for example two lfos.

And DT is smaller and more cute.

3 Likes

MK1 Only lacks resampling, otherwise they’re exactly the same afaik

I thought it lacked sampling entirely?

1 Like

Right,yeah

1 Like

I had to sell all my gear, because I’d been a bozo financially.

I know have a M:S and feel grateful to have an Elektron again and be in better circumstances. But damn… I can deal with limitations. I can deal with one LFO. But the hardest thing is lack of resampling…

Resampling is the number one thing I need in any sampler. I’ve considered used MK1s loads of times at silly cheap prices, but this always stops me.

1 LFO for me is fine if I can resample. I’m printing everything to one-shots anyway, so I can use 10x LFOs if I want getting to the sound .

2 Likes

I may have missed some of these in the previous posts, but here are a few differences between the two machines.
The DT has Ext. Audio input.
Single cycle waveforms (I wanted to copy them over to the AR, so I could use them in both machines, but it doesn’t seem to be possible)
8 MIDI tracks for triggering notes on other gear
2 LFOs are definitely nice to have too
I have both machines because although it’s possible to do drums with the DT, the AR is still better for drums. It has more options for the filter envelope too, which allows for more sound shaping possibilities.
If you download both manuals you can make your own detailed comparison. Good luck.

You can’t access DT’s factory samples via Transfer, you’d have to sample those using the audio in on your AR (or, if you have the MK1, resample inside the DT, cut to a single cycle and export)

Or download some SCWs from the Definitive List or

Thanks for the info.

Or create them from somewhere like here: Single Cycle Waveform Editor

1 Like

I record my mk1 into overbridge then import the mashed samples back in with transfer :wink:

1 Like