Is Analog Heat quiet when used as USB audio interface?

I’ve read the forums extensively, but seen nothing more than mentions of this specific point.

When used as a USB audio interface, is the Analog Heat’s audio level into the computer very quiet? The Digitakt’s digital input into the Mac is much quieter than with other interfaces. Is the AH the same?

This is specifically about the level of the digital input. I also know that recording at 24-bit means that quiet recordings are fine. But I don’t want to have to add gain plugins everywhere, or to normalize my audio just to have it sit at the same level as everything else.

Any AH users that can confirm/deny this? I’m especially interested in the new driverless Core Audio support in this regard. The AH would be my main audio interface.

yes, and it drives me crazy.

1 Like

Damn.

I wouldn’t use the AH as main sound card. I had too much trouble with it. Problems with different players and daw’s as well as using youtube and other programs at once. Could have been my setup but i read similar issues from other users. Now i’m using an old rme multiface and everything works perfectly.

Yeah, I gave up on the idea for now. I dug out an old Mackie BlackJack, which is pretty basic, but reliable, and happy with being hit with hard, loud signals.

…it only makes sense to use it as an interface if ur willing to use it also as what it’s made for in first place…to heaten up signals…

turn on the clean boost and let it happen…

turn off the filter, but dry/wet ratio must be at least on 12 o clock…same with the drive and the wet pots…
clean boost does what it says…clean boosting…just warming the signal…while not mutating it at all…

in bypass mode it can’t do much for u and any focusrite poor pocket interface will do better…

That seems ridiculous.