Is 180bpm too fast?

hey, thanks for the insight :slight_smile: yeah might be time for a new pseudonym to hide behind for this stuff, as itā€™s certainly a shift from the ā€˜standardā€™ house/techno 120-140bpmā€¦

2 Likes

ā€¦u could use ur avatar name here right away for this, i guessā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

You putting any of this out as a DL?

1 Like

I liked it. The track would also suit lower tempos. Cheers for sharing, made me smile

1 Like

Indeed.
Made my day with only ten minutes to go before midnight :slight_smile:

1 Like

180 is one of my favorite tempos for stuff like this. Love the little jam! Funky cartoon-tek. Thumbs up from another old 5lowershop crew member!

1 Like

works for me!

1 Like

At half speed on YouTube it starts to remind me of Colorvision by Com Truise

1 Like

:man_cartwheeling:

1 Like

the initial plan was to try and get an hours worth recorded and release it as a full setā€¦ still got a way to go!

1 Like

haha gonna try this

Looking forward to it, itā€™s inspired me to experiment with some 180 bpm too

1 Like

As you were talking about San Francisco:
The answer of Goa Gil (probably): ā€žnoā€œ
My answer is also no

1 Like

Funny, just made this track/sketch two days ago! Faster then Iā€™ve ever done I think, in the 180s as well:)

(To me it came from thoughts of dark Corona winters seeping in - funny how fast bpm made sense for that)

never

1 Like

And of courseā€¦ Phoxii

2 Likes

nice! how are you using the midi controller and reverb pedal in your setup?

@Molotov

Thanks!

Reverb wasnā€™t used in this song, but is standard in the setup running the A4 through it. The dedicated high/low frequency knobs for the reverb (and reverb+delay) of the Empress make it great for synth like the A4 that run different tracks of bass and leads.

I used to have mapped the LaunchControlXL to the Octa. Perfect, having 8 faders and everything else in rows of 8. Especcially useful for the drum tracks I used to use OT for.

Now I got the Rytm, its less perfect. For now Iā€™ve mapped the faders to 8 of the 12 Rytm tracks, and have mapped 4 knobs for the other 4ā€¦ Same goes for the buttons that I use for mutes: bottom row is 1-8, and then 9-12 on the left half above them. Not ideal as itā€™s not logically imprinted in my brain yet. But having a midi controller I do really like, so you can do muting/volumefaders on the controller and at the same time for example use Scenes or Performance macros on the Rytm.

PS Iā€™ve used pedals on the OT Cue as well as send returns, which I really like (either with the xfader or using ā€œcue mutes trackā€), but I donā€™t have enough Ins at the moment, with both the Rytm and A4.

PPS when using the midi controller on the OT I hade more stuff mapped. For example the secondary Fx amount on each track, kick and master had lowcut, and below the mutes I had all Cues.

1 Like

nice one! never tried using a midi controller with the Rytm. How does it work when changing kits? Iā€™m guessing when you touch a pot/slider the current value on the Rytm will ā€˜jumpā€™ to the one on the controllerā€¦ Could be risky in a live scenario?

1 Like

@Molotov

Indeed something to watch out for live.

But, I think being able to mute tracks with a midi controller, whilst being able to use other parameters on the Rytm is already half of the reason I use it.

As for watching out to match parameters: Reverb or Delay donā€™t need that much accuracy, you can quickly turn the rotary towards a ballpark accuracy.

For the faders itā€™s definitely more problematic to match, but Iā€™m already getting used to bringing them down or up during a muted moment of the track. And that problem only happens sometimes, that theyā€™re not matching.