IRS Gives Reverb Sellers a Reprieve

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/23/irs-delays-tax-reporting-change-for-1099-k-on-venmo-paypal-payments.html

I’m at 19,323 for the year in sales. Just under the reporting threshold for a 1099k. Was not looking forward to that headache, so this is great.

2 Likes

Good if you’d post that in this thread :

It’s more than just for Reverb right ? And the limit is for the combination of all your 1099’s, right ?

Congratulations for doing so much in sales ! ( I am supposing this was by choice for you, rather than like a child in college, or something. )

This is great news. I wasn’t ready for this nonsense since many of these sales represent a financial loss as opposed to a gain.

It would become very messy quickly. Even the threshold of $5,000 I think is too low.

I hope they keep it at 20k but it sounds like that’s not gonna happen.

No 1099 will be issued at all. One company has no idea what the other is doing, so its 20k per platform.

And like hte poster above, no profit here, this was just trying different things over the course of the year and selling. I probably lost $1000 over the course of the year. It’s not a business for me, just a hobby, and this was going to effectively kill the hobby. At least i got one final year.

1 Like

hmm maybe I should try to get a few more reverb sales in this year :sweat_smile:

will that work, cause that’s something that I might need to do

Sure it will work, you have seven days and some hours, get on it.

As reported in the other thread, you are still responsible for paying taxes on profit, with or without the 1099. It is a bit of a burden because the vast majority of folk have no profit and so owe no tax.

1 Like

will that work, cause that’s something that I might need to do

:grin:

2 Likes