iPad Music Apps?

If so, what are your favorite apps?

Thereā€™s a pretty good, well populated thread here about iPad app users. Do a search and itā€™ll turn up quick.

I use iPad apps mainly to make sounds to sample into my OT or DT, as well as a live synth from time to time. Itā€™s such an inexpensive way to get a lot of great sounds and inspiration, IMO. Favorite apps;

PATTERNING- arguably one of the coolest, most clever drum machines you can buy and itā€™s stupid cheap.
TARDIGRAIN- super fun granular mangler
SAMPLR- hard to explain, but one of my very favorites
WALDORF NAVE- awesome wavetable synth
MOOG makes several synth apps and theyā€™re all stellar, IMO

Tons of cool stuff out there for a relatively tiny investment

4 Likes

I did, itā€™s very good, (so far Iā€™m just scratching surface) , it is miles better than iElectribe. Better MIDI, LINK, sample import, etcā€¦
I didnā€™t get the IAPS packs.

1 Like

Asking is freeā€¦

3 Likes

I like it, but Groove Rider is the best groovebox app on iOS. Itā€™s an Electribe on steroids.

4 Likes

Have heard that and was debating between the two

Ha! Well done

Nevermind Elektron dark trinity or whatever it is. I want blofeld, pulse and attack side by side if only for aesthetic reasons

I actually bought Waldorf edition right after I said that. Itā€™s the first VST instrument Iā€™ve tried (had to find a basic host for it). the PPG sounds amazing. Better than any iOS synth I have and much nicer than my blofeld. Makes me think about going ITB which is v weird

never tried it. Is it good for making whole tracks?

+1 on Groove Rider
Itā€™s what I wanted the new Electribe to be and more.

1 Like

regarding iDensity: you probably know this but a lot of people donā€™t - double tapping any parameter allows you to set an lfo to it - shape, max / min values, etc.
this allows for a lot of organic movement

4 Likes

I appreciate you presuming that I knew about that, but that is wild and crazy news and I also appreciate you informing me of it.

Wow. Brilliant!

2 Likes

haha great! youā€™ll go crazy with that :stuck_out_tongue: and it works for every parameter, even panning, mixer volume, etcā€¦ itā€™s crazy -thatā€™s a feature on all his apps

3 Likes

At the moment you can only do pattern chaining, but the dev is adding a fully featured song mode shortly.

2 Likes

The people behind Syntotial are making an app focusing around teaching composition in the same manner as Syntorial did called ā€œAudible geniusā€

As a person that is winging it in regards to track writing, this is exciting to me

2 Likes

Nanostudio 2 will be out on Friday for Ā£28.99. This is the big one, chaps!

https://www.audiblegenius.com/

looks amazing, i hope i get into the beta testing.

1 Like

Same.

Though, if not, I still have to work on Syntorial and the beta will probably be the trial portion anyway

Playing around with Patterning 2 this morning. Just silly how good this thing is

1 Like

If anyone is interesting in training their ears for mixing check out Quiztones. Itā€™s a simple but useful tool.

2 Likes

Great stuff

6 Likes