iPad Music Apps?

Noir has been released.

It reminds me if weird noises I’ve been able to make on rtym, but much easier.
I expect it’ll be all over techno/idm releases in the coming months.

Another great app from bram bos.

Info here

6 Likes

looks awesome. love brambos

Yeah, it’s really really great for those Robert Hood-esque FM techno loops especially. Really awesome app, the sequencer is so well designed. Can’t wait to get some loops sampled from it :slight_smile:

played with Noir today and recognized that it‘s basically the design of the moog dfam…

4 Likes

That’s what first came to mind when I initially saw it :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for posting this, this year instead of buying yet more apps, I’ll spend some money on learning better 2 apps I already have.

All Audio Damage apps 1.99usd!!

5 Likes

ui. Time to get quanta

1 Like

Yes. I find it works best with loops with a lot going on already.

I wasn’t too impressed by EOS but shoot Ill take a Discord at that price.

EDIT: oh this is nice…

1 Like

Yesterday I powered up my iPad Air for the first time in months. Used it a lot for awhile, but burned out on it hard for awhile. Decided trying to use it as and thing resembling a DAW just isn’t for me yet. Hated BM3 with a passion though I really wanted to like it. I think it was the act of trying to combine apps and do too much inside the iPad. For now it’s just sample food. There’s just a few apps I really want to get back to.
SAMPLR
Tardigrain
Patterning
A few others…

I actually bought the now ‘ancient’ Waldorf Nave and think it’s genius. Love it to bits. Glad to be back using it, but plan on simplififying greatly to avoid frustration!

1 Like

Yeah I never found anything workable as a daw, BM3 is too convoluted, Auria seems more focused on live recording and the way it did midi is confusing and hackish, it also doesnt work with my seaboard and is ugly to look at. Garageband is just weird.

I might get cubasis if theres an app store sale but I know not being able to make sub groups for audio will annoy me.

Zeeon is a really nice synth app imo.

1 Like

Aum and rozetta is great. More like jamming with hardware and a mixer than an actual daw but great for putting ideas together

3 Likes

cubasis is on 50%

I have cubasis and beatmaker. the sampler and pads are nice in beatmaker but i never finished a song.
cubasis works better for me in this regard but i have problems with the daw workflow on an ipad in general. Midi and audio editing is fiddly compared to a computer (maybe I have to get used to it more)

so i also prefer aum together with the rozeta sequencers. i wish there was an option to record keyboard midi notes in aum

waldorf attack. it’s marketed as a drum synth, but is really an extremely versatile 2 oscillator VA synth, with 24 part multitimbrality and 48 voices of polyphony. each part also has its own sequencer, so it’s almost more of a groovebox than anything.

also uses waldorf’s excellent DSP algorithms, which i swear sometimes must be imbued with some kind of magic. seriously one of the most characterful and organic analog emulations i’ve ever heard. and it’s only $20 nwn

i use it to make most of my drum samples, and have also made a few fairly solid basses, but often i just get lost in it, pushing it to its limits and seeing what kind of chaos i can conjure. it’s really something :3

9 Likes

Waldorf Attack deserves much more love than it gets!

3 Likes

:thinking: sounds good. i might try it

2 Likes

after owning Auria, BM3, Cubasis… I’ve given app on iPad DAWS. Can’t beat a mouse and a keyboard.

I realized that, at least for me, iPad is more of an inspiring, almost-infinite sound source - either soundscapes, drones, synth sounds, sequences or whatever… I can record stuff there and then move them to the computer where it eventually becomes something.

I love AUM to death (rendered AudioBus pretty much useless for me overnight) so I might buy Rozetta since it’s 50% off… I’ve been tempted to get it before - Noir seems pretty nice too, but it’s full price… for what I heard it reminded me a bit of Digitone’s rythmic sounds

3 Likes

I loved the hardware version but the iOS app is missing a randomiser function.

Noir is great. Bit like dfam.

I make loops and synth parts in aum then record them to go into my desktop daw and digitakt. iPad is great for getting sounds

3 Likes