iPad Music Apps?

Thanks

Not directed towards anybody here, but I just like funny comix and am currently watching The IT Crowd on Netflix

2 Likes

Really?

Iā€™m gonna have to defend my colleagues on this one. There are all of what, 7 tabs in Patterningā€™s header? The very first tab opens a page with just 4 icons on it, one of which is actually a picture of a clock with ā€œCLOCK SETTINGSā€ written above it in all caps. Hell, the clock itself is even labelled ā€œCLOCKā€ in redundancy. And when you tap on that icon, the first sync related option you see is ā€œMIDI Clock Receiveā€ā€¦

And thatā€™s before you even read the manual. So just how deep did you go exactly?

Besides which, the responses you received were clearly meant in good-humour and far from offensive. Humility is a virtue, folks (wink).

Cheers!

2 Likes

Yes there are. MIDI settings under the 'File" tab? Who would have thoughtā€¦

Watched that episode a couple of days ago. Havenā€™t decided though if what happened at the start of Season 2 was too early or not.

1 Like

Iā€™ve seen it all quite a few times but if I recal correctly through the haze of time is it that the majestically magnificent Chris Morris is killed off/suicides?

If so, yeah Iā€™m with you.
I love Matt Berry but things were set up and I hate when characters leave, especially genius actor/writers!

To keep on topic, I love Sector and Elastic Drums!

Yeah, it was a suicide triggered by being caught messing with the books./ledger Loved Matt Berryā€™s grand entrance into the show, but the original boss was pretty funny too. I decided to check out the show after I started watching Disenchantment and thus discovered Berry.

Back on topic, just started following a discussion on how to automate Spacecraft Granular. The app store says ā€œMIDI Not Supportedā€ but the FAC Envolver guy put up a video demoing automation of Spacecraftā€™s XY panel via MIDI CC. - kind of confused by that. But before I get Spacecraft, I want to work some more through the IOS modular synthesis course that I bought on sale last week:

Hmm it appears to be still on sale for 20 Euro, down from 35.

1 Like

Itā€™s a real stumbling-block.

Cheers!

hi guys,

i know this isnt quite the place for it, but i dont visit other forums, especially not the ios related.

i followed a recommendation on here and jumped onto patterning v2. mostly interested as a sequencer.
however, it seems that after a point, the notes cannot be removed or added.

i can erase them visually but the sounds remain.
any ideas on this? its just frustrating and happened 30min into each session.

If you also like to have the option of velocity-layered acoustic drums and percussion, the only current apps I know are Beatmaker 3 and Arturia iSpark. iSpark has a few advantages over BM3: A MIDI-syncable drum sequencer, in-app sampling too and drum pads that can trigger different velocities by hitting them at different vertical positions. Many builtin FX too, and I much prefer its UI over BM3. However, itā€™s mainly made for drums, not keyboard instruments. Syncs perfectly over MIDI clock from elektron gear (Iā€™m using USB MIDI)

1 Like

iPhone:
Beatmaker 2, not 3.
Groove Rider Gr-16 (for sample import/sampling you need AudioShare)
AudioLayer (the only one with disk streaming for large sample instruments)
Gadget plus AudioShare for sample import

Whelp i think I lost everything Iā€™d done on my iPad.

I did a backup to do a clean install of ios12. What NO.ONE.NO.WHERE. said was that a backup of a previous ios would not be compatible with a new ios. And because apple is a a beautiful company, i canā€™t get ios11 anywhere and fml.

:poop:

3 Likes

Yyeeesssss. This is looking promising right now. THANK YOU soooo much. Saved a bunch of indulgent noodling :slight_smile:

So I should update to ios12 then backup then restore then do the backup restore?

1 Like

If you have a backup from ios11, restore the os to ios11 and then restore from that backup.

If you do backup ios12, make sure you donā€™t overwrite your ios11 backup. I think it will be renamed different by default.

1 Like

Yes I understand. Iā€™ve already downgraded to ios11.4 successfully. Iā€™ve performed the backup and things seem to be progressing well.

My question is about clean installing for ios12. After everything works out here, I update to ios12 then do a backup, then restore and then do a restore backup of the backup I made on ios12?

1 Like

I donā€™t think thereā€™s much need to do clean installs of iOS unless you have specific issues, Iā€™ve never done a clean install. Not sure why the backups are not compatible though, thatā€™s no good!

1 Like

Yeah I think you donā€™t need to do a clean install. But if you do, sounds like you got it right.

1 Like

Ive seen it recommended in various places to boost performance (which very well may be purely conjecture). Id never done it so wanted to give it shot. Well see.

Thanks again for your save. Everything seems to be in order. That was terrifying.

2 Likes