iPad Music Apps?

Looks like you can create user kits, though. That’s what I’m after.

1 Like

Just about all the drum apps will let you make user presets.

Patterning 2 just strikes me as an app that wants to be a master rather than a slave to something like the OT. The fact that Patterning 1 didn’t even have MIDI note input makes me skeptical about recommending v2 as a drum machine module to be played by OT MIDI - why not look for a drum machine app with a more proven track record, regarding MIDI input implementation?

Anyway, you spent the money, so let us know how it goes with your OT.

Works exactly as I had hoped and was simple to set up. The built in sequencer is super interesting too. The circular pattern rotation creates some variations I wouldn’t have programmed intentionally.

I’m really liking this iPad/Octatrack setup. I can create little musical sketches when I’m out then bounce them to the OT to sculpt them further.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s a shame it isn’t more simple. It sounds more complicated than it is though. At least it gives you access to unlimited sample material on the go. You can get the documents app on iPhone too so if you’ve got one you could use your phone to download stuff more quickly, save to dropbox then import from Dropbox inside BM3

2 Likes

Any suggestions for an iPhone sampler? Beatmaker 3 is coming to iPhone one day but the devs are silent and it hasn’t been updated in ages. I’d like to make some simple sample based hip hop beats without having to carry my iPad everywhere. I’ve got the 1st MPC app but it only lets me load samples from my iTunes library which has nothing in it. I’d rather load samples from other apps

User kits and tons of free ‘cloud kits,’ too!

FieldScaper is what I use for samples on my phone… not a traditional ‘sampler’ though

have you tried garage band? i find it unintuitive relative to other apps but its got some decent features. It’s got a beat sequencer but I dont know if you can load your own samples.

Check out Groove Rider GR-16, really good Electribe clone, but no time stretch unfortunately.

Also Gadget with the Bilbao and Vancouver IAPs, but find it pretty hard to use on the phone screen.

Look forward to BM3 coming to iPhone eventually.

Patterning 2 users: does it allow MIDI sync from other apps or from hardware? Have looked and tried, but can’t seem to locate the settings. Thanks.

Shame that Intua has been so slow to bring Beatmaker 3 to iPhone. I was using Beatmaker 2 on iPhone for a while because it was the only DAW that ran universal, and had both the audio and MIDI functionality I was looking for.

SunVox has quickly become my iPhone sequencer of choice, and yes it has a Sampler module, although you might be pleasantly surprised by the DrumSynth and other modules.

Yes possible to Sync to external clock

Where is the setting?

Page 8

Sometimes take time to check in the manual :grinning:

apps don’t have manuals :rofl:

Thanks guys. I wouldn’t have asked if 1) I hadn’t Read the manual and 2) explored the app several times.

You weren’t helpful, but happy you got your snark on.

Sorry buddy, my reply was intended to poke fun at asterix

1 Like

Patterning 2’s manual looks pretty good by app standards.

SunVox has tons of documentation but there would be a lot less users without Solar Lune’s tutorial videos.

Model 15 has a couple of nice built-in tutorials at the basic level (how to patch something so you get a sound you can play from the keyboard) but you’re pretty much left on your own after that. Also, they forget to remind you that you can use the double-tap option to connect patch cables, so you’re not stuck holding a finger down while scrolling with the other hand.

Gadget’s manual is decent.

iMS-20… oh man… couldn’t use it without Tim Webb’s video walkthrough/tutorial. Never used an MS-20 before I got the app, and actually got my MS-20 Mini after I got the app.

Apesoft app.s… great apps but the manuals, oh man…

Not a lot of apps with good manuals…

Bram Bos manuals are the best in the bidness.

1 Like

Not helpfully ?
Could you read the page 8 of the manual ?
Do you need help about this content?

1 Like