iPad Music Apps?

I can’t remember if it was The Soundtest Room or Haq Attaq, but one of them used Space Craft as an effect in AUM. It’s Auv3, so it works for some reason, and I guess it’s being developed further in this regard

I’m a fan of apps like Fugue Machine and Xynthesizer. Apps that offer a bit of random-auto-generation. Anyone familiar with similar apps?

1 Like

Fugue machine is still my favouritw seqeuncer app. Everything you do results in beautiful melodies

3 Likes

Question guys. How to route audio on the ipad from youtube to e.g. beatmaker? Is there some app like soundflower for mac?

2 Likes

I didn’t think recording system audio was possible on iPad but id love to be proven wrong.

the only way i have found is to use the ‘screen recording function’. the output is saved to photos and share that to audioshare

4 Likes

Great app! Have only really used it a lot with octatrack (as a kind of weird side chain with envelope on one track affecting fx on another).

Seem to remember trying it out with iMono/Poly when I first got it and maybe there were some crackles when chopping and changing routings and things using Audiobus but okay when left to do its thing

You may need to save the audio as a WAV. Or use an interface/mixer that has some routing capabilities. Keith McMillan K-Mix might be an option here as it works well with iOS. Haven’t tried using Audiobus for this purpose…

1 Like

Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me? I’ve read this entire thread and have gotten great advice on purchases and am incredibly grateful, but dang if I cannot figure out how to send MIDI from Dot Melody to another instrument in AUM. Is it possible, or am I reaching here? If it is possible I would love to know how to do it. Thanks.

Can anyone recommend a good ios sampler specifically to be used as a midi triggered drum machine? I’m looking for something I can use in conjunction with my Octatrack’s midi channels now that I’ve sold my Rytm. I have a ton of samples I just want to load up and save in racks if possible.

I would probably say Patterning 2… be careful, v1 doesn’t allow for midi triggering (only output)

1 Like

That looks promising. Thanks.

1. Download documents 5 by readle
  2. Use it’s browser to download files either via zip files from vinyl blogs or by using a YouTube downloader.
  3. (If zip file) go to your files app. Click on it with beatmaker open and it should automatically unzip to BM3s import folder
  4. For YouTube copy a YouTube link and google YouTube to wav, there’s a ton of converters. Convert and download using documents
  5. Using files move from Documents into the BM3 imports folder.
  6. (I think) you should be able to use split screen to drag and drop into beatmaker anyway, don’t quote me on that one though

Beatmaker can’t open MP3 files so try to download wav to save yourself a step. In beatmakers browser you can convert mp3 files by clicking on them though. Your import folder on BM3 is under “On my iPad/beatmaker 3/imports”. Anything in there can be drag and dropped onto pads.

I highly recommend you keep this folder organised from the get go, otherwise you’ll end up moving files and messing up old tracks by losing the file paths.

1 Like

Thanks you. Sounds not like the most straight forward way :slight_smile: hope there will be some better options in future where you can route audio and just sample it

Korg PlugKey?

I’ve got one. Has one midi in and a stereo out. Used it this summer to sequence iPad synths and sample directly into the Digitakt. Mostly one shot instrument and percussive stuff but loops works as well.

Monitoring on the Digitakt is mono so that’s a bit boring but it works fine for sampling.

You can put samples into the gadget in-app purchase drum machine Bilbao. Has midi learn so it’s easy to set up parameters from the OT.

Excited for Virsyn audiolayer update. Now has Exs24 support, which Auria has struggled with.

Might be a good sample for you @Kingtiers ? haven’t got it myself yet. Seems more an instrument sampler/player…

1 Like

Elastic Drums, brilliant anyway but just had an update allowing more midi control. You would need to buy the sample option to drop your own sounds in but I can’t rave about this app enough and it’s more than worth the price.
Love it to bits

2 Likes

I grabbed Patterning 2 for now. It seems to really fit the bill. 'm going to test sequencing it with the OT tonight but the built in sequencer interface is really interesting. I may try some of the other suggestions at some point as well. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

I like Patterning 2, but if your OT is doing all the sequencing, you should take a look at Ruismaker, DM2, Elastric Drums, Seek Beats etc. There’s also a host of 808 and 909 emulator apps.

Patterning 2 only comes with one kit, and if you want more, you have to download them.

2 Likes