iPad Music Apps?

in the standard view, no need for song mode. you go to the first screen and you have pattern options… you can add or remove steps and many other functions from there… look at the right:

2 Likes

How is ModStep these days? Any bugs leftover from the First Plague?

Love Patterning. In addition to polyrythms, in also taught me the importance of velocity.

1 Like

Damn! This might be moving to my favorite app! Thank you very much for informing me of this!

1 Like

Just got the new iWAVESTATION today, it’s brilliant! So now I understand what that classic synth is all about! Loving it

Gadget is becoming quite a nifty sketchpad with the integration of Korg’s “proper” synths :loopy:

1 Like

Holy snap! Korg Gadget and Borderlands Granular is like hours of musical fulfillment right there! Almost makes me wish I smoked pot to just turn random Gadget music into shifty drones!

Thanks!

1 Like

Researching the Sector app now. I’m only able to hear the sound demos and gloss over the specs but it seems incredible!

What’s your user experience with it? What do you use it for?(Since I can’t watch the videos at the moment)

Anybody know of a good app to take an audio recording and normalize and slice? I want to record and prepare samples to feed into my OT, AR, and MDUW

You can spend a whole weekend playing with Borderlands and OT without realizing you just spent the whole weekend playing with Borderlands and OT. Fun times to be had with that combo.

2 Likes

I use Audioshare for that, simply brilliant. Then you can just save to dropbox or open the files in Strom and transfer to AR

1 Like

And, if you have a Kingston mobilelite wireless G3, you can also copy the samples to the card of your OT :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Actually it’s better to do every sound operations OUT of the iPad… it’s just make more sense to me… i have buy some apps like that (ReMaster, ReForge…) And i simply didn’t like to use it. I find it painful. It’s so way faster on computer the Editing Task. :wink:

You know zoom pinch zoom find the spot, cut etc… it’s way more sense with a mouse and cursor. (rather than touch editing)

2 Likes

I’ll have to try that! Thanks!

Ugh. That seems so arduous for a wee bit of fun…

+1 audioshare. normalize, fade innouts, (zoom) trim, dropbox, OT CF card, away we go.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought of using audioshare for that, but yeah trimming and slicing IS pretty easy! Thanks for opening my eyes! (hashtag)AmazingGrace

I love borderlands granular!

1 Like

how would you go about to connect audioshare to the OT CF card.
would you care to elaborate a bit?

Well @tsutek figured out a way with some device (above)…

but note I put “dropbox” between Audioshare and the OT CF. One can transfer samples to their Dropbox using Audioshare with which you then transfer to the OT CF.

3 Likes

You can just use the “Open in…” (or was it “send to…”?) command from audioshare to send the audiofile(s) into the kingston app, and once there you can transfer the files into the card. IIRC you can also do this via the OT’s USB Disk mode, so you don’t even have to remove the card from the OT, but in this case the USB cable connection order had to be a specific one…

If you can grab a Kingston Mobilelite Wireless G3 for cheap, I totally recommend getting one! It has it’s quirks but it finally frees you from iTunes share transfers (at least for all the apps that support “Open in…”)

3 Likes