iPad Music Apps?

I’m loving Groove Rider GR-16! It recently added MIDI OUT so its super versatile.
Gadget is solid too, but Groove Rider could be a live performance tool.

1 Like

Got the iPad air 2 for 190 just now. Time to glitch the hell out now onto the OT

3 Likes

Groove Rider is all I hoped the Electribe would be, and more!

1 Like

4 Likes

Made this between last night and today at lunch. Using 5 banks in Beatmaker 3, one instance of Tardigrain. And Lofly on the Master Channel.

Im loving the creations on here, it makes me want to couple this with my Digitakt more than my Octatrack now, I don’t know why heh

1 Like

For some time I’ve wanted to check out the iPad as a music making device and the cheaper new iPads looked attractive. Picked one up a few days ago and immediately downloaded all of the Moog apps plus Collider and Tardigrain plus the Audio Damage suit. I also got AUM as my mixer app, and at the moment I’m sequencing all of the apps with my Digitakt via the camera connection kit. Output is from headphone out into pre amp.
I have to say the quality is fantastic. Easily as good as any good quality VST I’ve used. The Model D is an absolute monster as is Model 15.
I use these apps as if they were hardware and you get a lot for your money. Very pleased. Definitely keeping it as a part of my setup.

3 Likes

I agree, I liked it so much I started looking into the Electribe as a hardware cementing of the coolness that is GrooveRider… but then I realized… I’d need the Electribe and the Electribe Sample to do what GrooveRider already does in one! That’s just nutz.

I have to praise Elastic Drums once more, after spending some more hours with it on it’s own.
It’s so great for experimental sounds and patterns. And I love the workflow too. Automating everything.
And not only for drums, the synth engines for bass, drone and physical modelling are also really great. Top App, better than any drum synth I used on my Mac.
The performance features, fx, and randomization functions are top as well

5 Likes

The bottom section of the jam page is worth the price of admission alone.

That and an OT midi track? gtfo.

2 Likes

If you have a Digitone and an Ipad I can recommend Rozeta by Bram Bros. Its a collection of interesting midi apps that when launched in AUM can sequence the Digitone. You need to connect the Digitone to your Ipad and make sure the midi-routings are o.k in AUM’s master settings. Today I was using midi from the Ipad to sequence the Digitone and then Digitone’s keyboard to play the Model D on the Ipad into the Digitone’s inputs (reverb etc) - at the same time. Pretty cool.

2 Likes

Best FM apps anyone?

I have been having fun with the app Concentric, sending poly-rhythmic sequences to the 4 tracks on the Digitone

1 Like

As fm polysynth I only own Bram bos Phasemaker, it is very nice. With a great randomize patch feature (mutate).
Ruismaker fm for drums.
Elastic drums can do nice fm drums, fx, noises.
Fm4 seems to be popular, but it hasn’t been update for a while

1 Like

KQ Dixie is nice, can import DX7 patches!

There’s a lesser-known one called Baervaag that always looked cool to me, minimalistic interface… Haven’t used it personally but it might be worth a look.

I really like the interface KQ Dixie for FM

2 Likes

Hello good people. Always glad to see this thread kicking.

Thinking of going further with the iPad + OT for some real time FX / mangling / looping fun.

What are your FX recommendations? Good MIDI control preferred.

I already have:

Turnado
Samplr
Filtatron
AltiSpace
Borderlands
Lo-fly Dirt

Can anyone comment on those Audio Damage apps / bundle? Or, can anyone comment on why I would want Elastic FX if I have Turnado?

Thanks!!

2 Likes

The audio damage stuff is a must have. All top notch.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the FM replies people :thup:

2 Likes

Take a look at effectrix from Sugarbytes.
That could make a great addition for your setup and has a different concept than turnado.

1 Like