iPad Music Apps?

Updated original post so it doesnt get confusing to other readers :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anybody know how this cable works for audio? I’m talking about the USB to lightning cable. It’s (USB) midi between DT and iPad.

Where does the audio come out from?

For those using AUM to record on an iPhone, can you recommend good delay and reverb plugins? I want to record some Pocket Operator jams into my iPhone while I’m traveling.

1 Like

Virsyn AudioEffx is a great bread and butter multi fx. I also really like Zero Reverb on iPhone.

2 Likes

AUFX dub and Space are great or EOS2 if you like AU effects instead.

2 Likes

audio damage eos and dubstation

2 Likes

Just a wee heads up to the jimaudio gr16 grooverider - now has step conditions implemented. Yay😎

Also anyone on android should check out gstomper studio also with the wonderfully step conditions

Been hitting Impaktor quite a bit lately…
No pun intended

1 Like

Yes, looks interesting

Does it have parameter locks/automation?

Seems a bit pricey to me. Is it worth it?

the korg wavestation ios app is probably the best version of the wavestation. the UI make it actually programable!

1 Like

There is a remarkable difference between what I hear out of the headphone jack and the same files I get on the computer via Audioshare/Dropbox.

I wondering if a small interface - say like a Zoom U24 - would be worth having to feed my OT/mixer-interface or if I should just stick to transferring files. Can anyone comment?

1 Like

Which iPad are you using?

I know that the DAC on some aren’t as good as the DAC on others.

1 Like

The korg plugkey is a good small alternative to a “real” class compliant audio card IMHO.

2 Likes

Same as you: Mini 4

You actually recommended that to me a bit above and while I thought it was the answer, the Zoom U24 - at 50usd more with more midi/audio io - was released.

I have the irig duo pro interface, running off an iPad mini and the difference in sound is astonishing, the headphone output is so flat and small compared!

1 Like

Ok, cool. Sorry for repeating myself.

1 Like

Yeah it has per step automation smooth or stepped. Dunno what the price is now but I think it was half “introductory” price when I purchased… 10 squid if I remember right… I just blew 100 bucks the other night, woke up with nothing but a hangover and can’t remember shit🤔.

That’s no big surprise … that headphone audio-out does not deliver the same quality as a good ditigal D/A interface. Even the mobile interfaces from iRig, Zoom, you name it, should be much better.

When I connected my iPad to my mixer via headphone-out, I was very dissappointed. Then I connected via my usual USB interface … WoW … what a difference … equal quality to my in-the-box gear/software.

1 Like

Exactly. The presence and definition make all the difference. Some of these apps (M15, Attack) are out of this world.

Oh np. You are cause I kind of am too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely; huge difference. But my question is if there is any reason to spend a small chunk on a dedicated interface (which would feed into my RME Babyface via Mackie 802 VLZ4) as opposed to just sticking with recording on AUM (mutitracking, after all) and transferring files via Dropbox. The only upside I see with an interface is getting it at the moment. And I’m not really keen on using the iPad live.