iPad Music Apps?

It also works as a mac app. The dude gives away codes for free copies on reddit sometimes. Hes called markaudulus I think. I think it might actually be the guy who made it. He gave me my code for free but if youre interested in digging into that its definitely worth buying, havent had much time to play woth it but im pretty sure it has reaktor sort of depth

Thatā€™s pretty cool! I try to decide if I should buy the Moog app or the audulus. It looks like audulus is extremely flexible(maybe even more then the Moog), but the Moog app sounds pretty good.
I usually try to buy only one app per month. The Moog costs currently only 10 bucks, did you pay 20 for it? Donā€™t have a mac.

The moog app is on sale at the minute thats why I bought it, so is animoog, both only a tenner right now, absolutely worth it. Audulus can probably do more but its a wormhole to fall down much like reaktor, the model 15 is a modular, audulus is more make your own modular by the looks of it

Audulus is extremely deep, itā€™s more comparable to something like max msp. You could build almost anything I guess. The moog is a modular synth with a limited amount of modules. It sounds very very good.
Animoog is my favourite on ios. Lovely synth.

1 Like

I guess i will make a exception and buy both apps. They both look and sound very promising! Thank you very much! If you like modular stuff you should really check out ā€œModularā€, itā€™s a pretty easy to use app, itā€™s free, sound can be very 101ish, but it doesnā€™t have much modules (but still enough to have lots of fun). And the controller integration is super easy but still flexible.
Thanks JB :slight_smile:

1 Like

Any decent serious piano apps out there? Whenever I look all I get back is apps for learning piano and Iā€™d really rather not have to sample kontakt and map every key. Some decent Rhodes would be nice. Also is anyone else finding that a lot of decent apps have ridiculously ugly UIā€™s? Funk drummer is a prime example

Thereā€™s Korg Module, but thatā€™s all Iā€™m aware of

1 Like

Tines - Electric Piano

1 Like

Iā€™ve got Korg Module and there are some nice keyboards sampled, accoustic and electric. Quite flexible with some parameters to change. There are some sound examples here ā€¦ http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_module/

1 Like

hey, soā€¦the best rhodes emulation i have tried is on the iPad, neo soul keys. you can dial in or out noise of hitting the bottom plastic, noise of the key jumping back up and hitting the top, wiring noise, key clack, etc. sounds great. just had an update which i donā€™t have. i believe itā€™s like 4 gigs of meticulous recording AFTER some proprietary compression (or so they say).

piano wise module is ok, kinda like an older cpm module. not something i would use for recording, just like a bread and butter all in one. i bought the additional in app purchase for the ivory keys and those are significantly better but still not great (IMO). in auria pro (and donā€™t know where else) you can use sound fonts, some incredible free ones are out there. i have one that is 5 gigs that is pretty great, forget the name. and the salamander in auria pro is pretty good.

3 Likes

iLectric and iGrand are worth looking into. I use iLectric for Rhodes and Wurli sounds and really like it. And if I remember correctly, the basic version of iGrand is actually free, but you only get two pianos or something like thatā€¦

Cheers!

1 Like

I dont have Neo Soul or Korg Module , but both the Electric and Grand Piano sample packs in Beathawk sound really damn good.

1 Like

Omg, I absolutely love audulus! I have years of experience in programming and audulus is for me the best app on the iPad, so flexible, deep and extremely addictive! I just have to thank you for this tip! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I absolutely love Audulus! It`s my new favourite app on the iPad!

i think waldorf attack is ultra capable for any type of electronic music. it loads samples into its synth architecture, which is totally capable of bass, synth, and effects. its pitchable sequencer lanes and patterns and stem/song builder is worth anybodys time, especially when there are so many great sample playback devices afoot today!

2 Likes

A heads up on the three new Gadgets that were just announced.

The Vancouver gadget is a simple chromatic sample playback module with two sample layers and a suboscillator (sine/triangle/sqr). In addition to the factory content, you can also load up your own wavs!

Gadget + Bilbao + Vancouver gets you into the world of 100% custom sample sounds within Gadget. You can also ā€sampleā€ audio with the tape recorder Gadgets. Pretty neat for any sample-based musicmaking needs on the go IMO :+1:t6:

3 Likes

Odessa from Bram Bos. Awesome app

http://ruismaker.com/?page_id=611

Got them ā€¦ Vancouver is exactly as you said, very usefull since Gadget is a closed eco-system, at least for sound-creation tools and this function was missing. The Lisbon synth is a useful little synth too and produces very useful key/chord stab/pad sounds.

I didnā€™t splurge on the Lisbon yetā€¦ to my ears it sounds like the monopoly can be used for the same sounds, no?

1 Like

Attack is an underappreciated beast, my go-to app for drums and synths, then I just sample that stuff in my hw and go.

I use it extensively to create drum layers that I then re-use on the MPC.