iPad Music Apps?

THAT must have been it! I think i lost that step off my mental to do list!

1 Like

BM3 has automation and full edit on that - even on external plugins. So while I would miss conditionals too, the P-Locking is thereā€¦

I am getting more interested again in adding the iPad as well to my setup since I have an A4, but instead of going for the ā€œbigā€ apps such as Beatmaker 3 or Gadget, I currently investigate all those smaller apps such as the drum machines. Some of them, such as Patterning and Ruismaker, have randomness and polyrythms, so using an iPad instead of a Digitakt does not seem to be that far fetched to me.

Good to know. Btw one app that Iā€™ve been into a lot lately is KRFT. Having so many options on the screen (instead of menu diving) makes it great for live play. Iā€™ve been so impressed it by it that I havenā€™t touched my other groovebox/sequencing apps in at least a week. Also loving Fieldscaper. What it does to samples sounds so good (example).

Hi,

what is KRFT? I thought I know all groovebox apps under the sun, but this I never heard ofā€¦

K

Ahā€¦ I know it now. Interesting. Have bought it and will try it outā€¦

Thanks,

K

1 Like

I bought it and didnā€™t touch it for a few days, thinking it was gimmicky. But now Iā€™m hooked because for whatever reason itā€™s just so easy for me to create (what I think is) good music on it. It also does MIDI out and sample imports.

What helped is that I started a surface from scratch, rather than use a pre-made one. That allowed me to build a loop/groove/song slowly piece by piece. Was more enjoyable and easier to grasp that way.

1 Like

hey anyone want to recommend a good electric piano app? Iā€™d love something like a wurlizter.

I use iLectric onstage - live - and it is stable, easy to navigate, and sounds great. Neo-Soul Keys is also a fantastic sounding app, but is huge by comparison, very CPU intensive, and I have had it glitch on occasion, soā€¦

The difference is that iLectric just emulates the ā€˜directā€™ output of the various keyboards it models, whereas Neo-Soul Keys has added sample layers to emulate the mechanical noises of the physical instruments (i.e. the thunk of the keys, the creaking of the pedals, etc.) to provide you with the virtual experience of sitting at an actual Rhodes or Wurlitzer Piano. So theyā€™re different ideologies really.

If you just want the sound, iLectric is more than adequate and a fraction of the size; but if you want to feel as though youā€™re playing the real thing, get Neo-Soul Keys. I personally prefer iLectric, simply because the mechanical noises in Neo-Soul Keys tend to accumulate in my tracks when recording. That said, you can turn the various noise components ā€˜OFFā€™ in Neo-Soul Keys, which is awesome; but I figure if Iā€™m not going to use them anyway, why tax my CPU anymore than I have to, and lug around 5GB worth of extra samples (wink).

They are currently both the same price, so thatā€™s not a factor.

Cheers!

1 Like

Can you post more info on this and how to find it?

I was on an ipad mad tear for over a year and have tried most things. While lots are great sounding, the signal flow and app linking is a pain a lot of the time. gadget is my desert island app. Export dry to mox elsewhere and it is amazing.

Sure, seems like some stock is still available:

https://www.ebay.com/i/282292156522

Thanks Order placed

Thanks man, iLectric looks great!

I actually googled fadget before realising this was a typo, derp.

6 Likes

love using this one, using the two layers with different filter envelope settings, so good!
Edit: Zeeon

5 Likes

fixed :slight_smile:

iSem is on sale for $4.99

4 Likes

thanks!

I make extensive use of Korgā€™s IOS soft synths and to be honest at the moment I canā€™t see myself buying another hardware synth anytime soon.

4 Likes

I have to say that there are so many great apps out there, that sometimes I ask myself if I need any other hardware at all :wink: New to Ios, but seriously impressed