iPad Music Apps?

I connect my soundcard to the ipad and sample directly in the app.

1 Like

Can I run a MIDI Out from the iPad to a Quad Thru box to send different MIDI channels to my hardware synths? Iā€™m going lighting cable to iConnectivity Mio which then has a MIDI din cable out that I plug into my Quad Thru.

I tried and my synths arenā€™t responding to the different channels of MIDI. I can only get Channel 1 to work some reason. I have MIDI setting correct in the apps (Fugue Machine and Xynthesizr). There is no problem when I send different midi channels to my VSTs via the USB cable using MIDIMux. But using Mio and Din cables and the Quad Thru to hardware synths hasnā€™t worked.

I feed borderlands with audioshare. You can record iOS synth samples with it, or wifi transfer samples from your computer. Super handy.

Great tune. I know this is an old thread, but I have a questionā€¦

How are you connecting the A4, iPad and LCXL up via midi? I noticed the iPad started with transport from A4, so that means the midi input of iPad is taken up?

Are you using a hub?

Making use of the mio10 and XR18 with AUM hosting most of my apps has made my iOS workflow fit beautifully with the rest of my Elektron centric setup. Everything is clocked from the Octatrack via the mio10 including Ableton Link only stuff thanks to the MIDI Link Sync app.

1 Like

Iā€™m disappointed by the lack of love for Waldorf Attack on this thread, itā€™s my go-to app for all things drums or bassā€¦

Any comments on Cyclops for Ipad? Seems really good but really tinyā€¦

Attack has always been a mess for to fit into a hardware setup since it seems to start clicking with slightest MIDI clock jitter. Same reason the clocked delay and arp on their Blofeld hardware are useless when synced.

Iā€™m a bit annoyed by the delay jitter, but I only use the delay when using it standalone, if it connected to my hardware itā€™s only a source of sampling materials. This way I can start tracks at work on my lunchbreak, then re do them later once Iā€™m home.

Yes Iā€™m using iConnectAudio4 as a hub.

Nailed it! Yeah it sounds really good, can get a huge range of sounds and yeah itā€™s just also super tiny

How exactly do you integrate Korg Gadget with Borderlands? Do you just import tracks or loops as WAVs? Is there a good way to make full 4/4 tracks with just Gadget and Borderlands (i.e. without necessarily the Octatrack)?

Also, how do people here in general use Gadget together with other apps for making tracks considering it is a standalone environment? Things like Samplr and Patterning seem interesting but if I understand correctly it would be impossible or very difficult to jam together with Gadget at the same time on the same track?

Also, can you use MIDI sequencing apps such as Patterning to input MIDI data in to Gadget?
Thanks

Hi,
I read in Moodā€™s site: ā€œMood is a personal interpretation of the legendary Analog Synthesizer by Eugenio Giordaniā€. I searched the web looking for ā€œthe legendary Analog Synthesizer by Eugenio Giordaniā€ and most of the results pointed me to Moodā€™s relates news. Anyone here knows which is ā€œthe legendary Analog Synthesizer by Eugenio Giordaniā€?

Thanks!

I think thatā€™s just confusingly written and they mean its Eugenio Giordaniā€™s interpretation of a Model D.

1 Like

I agree. Tnx!

I know this is heresy to say on this forum, but I havenā€™t touched my Digitakt since buying Beatmaker 3. Iā€™m impressed at how much it does and how well it does it. Plus itā€™s incredibly user friendly. Thinking of selling my DT since I canā€™t seem to justify the $700 price when this $20 app does so much, and more like time stretching and song mode, to name a few. Yeah it doesnā€™t have conditional probability and p-locks but not sure they are worth $700 to me. So far Iā€™m impressed with BM3 but Iā€™ll give it a couple of more weeks of trying to use it exclusively before I decide to sell the DT.

3 Likes

You in the states?

I bought BM3 as a future investment when it came out with a discount, but didnā€™t have the time to play with it much. Iā€™m curious about your workflow with it, would you mind describing your process to create a track?

I bought Klimper to assist with my composition skills- it looks like you can load other apps into it, but Iā€™m having trouble with my apps not making any sound- anybody use this app enough to know what setting needs to be altered?

Iā€™m trying to sync Korg Gadget with the A4 using a Kenton Midi Host, iPad camera kit- anybody know how to rig this?

I can plug my AR straight into my iPad (using the camera usb -> lighting thing) and it syncs. Just have to turn off overbridge mode so its straight midi over usb

4 Likes