iPad Music Apps?

Yeah it would be for hadware too so it’d be an Audio.

Since you have the X Air app I assume you have one of the Behringers. Can’t you do the same as the iConnect with the Behringer?

You assume well i have the Behringer X18 for my Live configuration. But no you can’t do a send return with the X18 i guess… But you can of course use as audio interface as 18X18 and record multiple tracks in AURIA or something like that. Make a Send Return of your iPad request a powerful audio routing that’s iConnect offer in its devices. Also when you mixing with your iPad it’s not cool to switch app to app. So if i use my iPad in effect processor in my Live (that i should think of so… maybe i will do that) in this case i buy another iPad or more intelligent i buy a touchable PC to fit the X18 so i can use it as well in another scenario like OB, C6 etc…

Edit : seems like you can do send return with iPad too on the behringer. But Drivers is not update regular with behringer that’s one years now and always no update for IOS10 so…

I tend to use one device for one task. So i do not investigate in the Send-Return with the X18. X18 is for my Live Mixing task. iPad send-return on i connect is for Studio (i prepare things and then it’s go on my OT)

Pity. All surface, no substance

(Ok maybe that’s not fair)

Ill consider the iConnectAudio2 when the time comes. Though by that time I expect they’ll be lots of other options…

Whoot… i just got patterning, eeeh…wow…eeeh, seriously very nice!

Im getting the hang of ipad synths. I had some but never did something with it but wow, there are loads of great great apps. And very professional. I connected the ipad to the Analog Heat, man, wow this will be hours of fun in the studio. Why havent I thought that before… just hit record and go![quote=“Ryan, post:174, topic:31997”]
The love I’m having for this new found iPad workflow is really making me itch to go for an iPad Pro for a 2 iPad workflow. However I need to save for a macbook.
[/quote]
Yep… same here, thinking to get an ipad pro (also for illustration jobs) and let my kids have my ipad 4…

1 Like

There’s an update coming from behringer but don’t now when. Anyway the app working correctly to control the X18 on iOS 10 don’t misunderstand it’s OK. I just mention the update frequency because X32 users had a better service with the dedicated X32 app is updated every 3 month but you know not the same price so more attention to the user is the rule :wink: Air devices is “Calling product” don’t know if it’s meaning something in english anyway entry product for new customer for behringer that can lead to buy more professional products and more expensive then…

And theyre just going to keep getting better.

But an iPad on stage? :confused:

I dont think I will take it on stage. Put everything in the octatrack or Toraiz…

1 Like

Man I do not have time for all that nonsense (lucky you if you do). I’ll just make some loops and throw it in the OT.

1 Like

lol. see above :wink:

1 Like

I do not made a LIVE on STAGE for now. I was in the writing, setup and repeat for now. I have produce tracks in studio and i’m a long time dj. I already cutting down my setup for less devices so yeah maybe iPad on stage not a good idea i don’t know for now.

Just to be clear I wasn’t directing the comment at you. Just the idea - myself - of taking it on stage.

1 Like

Yeah yeah but lead to my personal reflexion too and that’s not bad at all

Well then. You’re welcome. :wink:

Unfortunately though I expect some…ahem…genres of music will no doubt see an influx in iPads live. :sleeping:

I want to like Elastic Drums but it just doesn’t flow for me… Some friends of mine really like it but I found its controls a bit frustrating to use and on my iPad Air there is just enough of a delay between hitting one of the trigger pads and hearing a sound that drives me crazy in the top of my spine. (The PCM drum gadget in Korg Gadget behaves the same way).

Patterning, on the other hand, is absolutely one of those “this is why the iPad is great for making music”. The interface feels fast and fluid and really well designed for a multi-touch screen.

4 Likes

I think you do kind of what you want to do with AUM and iDensity (also a good granular app…)

More to see iDensity in action

But of course you loose the Layers aspect of Borderlands… :frowning:

1 Like

That sounds easily solved by running both iDensity AND Borderlands in AUM :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lose the layers aspect if you use idensity?? Just scroll up this thread to where I already brought up idensity weeks ago. Idensity is way superior to Borderlands.

I use an iPad on stage as my mixer. Aum plus iconnect4. Reverb (altispace) and Limiter on send, korvpressor and eq on main.
You will see the melotron and Moog apps in stadium shows when you start looking for them.
Ios updates conspire against compatability but we persevere.

2 Likes

Elastic Drums is great for experimental Tekno and hard industrial, I usually make loops then export it to Sector.
Lots of automation in ED.

Also Seek Beats for the crazy randomisation sliders!

I purely use the iPad for audio, so I don’t trigger from midi, in app or external.

Do you have hardware up there too?