iPad Music Apps?

They are going to stop offering Propellerhead’s rebirth on the App store. Get it while you can.

1 Like

I remember noodling around with it for hours when I had it on my 90ies Powerbook…

Its Interface was too small for me on the ipad…
But the sound… I loved it…

2 Likes

I started yesterday, buying Elastic drums and Samplr. Wow, that is fun. Great apps, love the interface of the Ipad. I’m already convinced this was a good decision. This evening I get myself a synth :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Wow. Patterning… how great is that one. I’m blown away

7 Likes

Patterning is really outstanding. Even if it’s the only app you run, it still justifies the cost of the ipad IMO.

2 Likes

It’s always been gadget for me. Though modstep + phasemaker is like a Korg fm controlled with an OT to me. So, that’s pretty cool!

3 Likes

no gadget for me seriously. that’ s great’
modstep looks quite powerful. Is phasemaker an fm synth? I bought the model 15 but I need something good with fm or wavetable.
samplr and borderlands are also tons of fun. Really happy with the ipad buy

1 Like

Patterning triggering Elastic Drums, see you in a few days.

2 Likes

that’s the plan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes! And every setting is CC controllable! Really cool!

1 Like

I’m currently in love with Nave and Attack, mostly Nave.

1 Like

Could anybody help here? I tried to do it, but somehow patterning won’t send midi out.
I enabled midi clock in and note in on Elastic drums, and on patterning I enabled clock out (to elastic drums) and tried to send the individual midi tracks out on channel 1 (as Elastic drums is receiving). I chose elastic drums as midi port… But the patterning midi tracks keep triggering the internal sounds, and I don’t get why the hell it’s doing it.
I tried C midi notes from C1 to C10 or something, the whole range. There were sounds loaded on the tracks in Elastic drums.

You can turn the volume down on the patterning mixer or load empty samples.

Or are you saying elastic isn’t receiving?

BTW, pour one outfit Samplr. Looks like it may not make the jump to the new os

1 Like

thanks. I know I can mute them but I thought if I send to the midi port where elastic dr are assigned it should stop triggering internal.
Anyway, yes ED are not receiving. Maybe I have the wrong midi notes but I think I tried every octave. midi channels are adjusted. no idea what’s wrong

You need to midi learn the notes in ED, hit option > midilearn in instr window while your Patterning track you want to map is running.

2 Likes

There you go! Thanks a lot.

after some time of not using the Octa much, yesterday I made a session in AUM with TroubleMaker, Viking and Magellan, all sequenced in different MIDI channels with the Octa, going into a Thru Machine on inputs 1/2… I might start replacing my desktop synths live with the iPad, it was a lot of fun :slight_smile:
although, Viking doesn’t recieve Program Change messages… that’s kind of a deal breaker for me. I’ll see if I can manage to use Moog Model 15 instead (best bass on iPad IMO) but I’m a bit worried about CPU usage, although I’m at around 50% now with that (plus a few AU+AUFX:Push on a BUS send for compression)… might also try something other than Magellan for pads/leads, but I don’t think I have any other option currently purchased

Still doesn’t work. ED is listening for midi but patterning is not sending out anything.
I wanted to import my own samples then but it seems patterning won’t import folders. Is this possible?