iOS loop recorder for internal synths?

I’m looking for an app to capture a loop from internal iOS synth.
Currently I simply use OT flex recorder to record incoming signal as a 4 bar loop with no MIDI sync, just synced by ear. I would like to make the same on the iOS.
Any recommendations? I have very old iPad, but I can upgrade if there is a reliable solution.

Loopy is my personal favourite IOS looper.

Which iOS synth are you working with? If its Audiobus compatible then Loopy + Audiobus is a very very easy and reliable solution.

1 Like

I like samplr for pretty much everything. It’s as close as you’ll get to an octatrack.

Can samplr export recorded loops as audio files?

Loopy looks nice. Can it record and save more then 9 loops in one session?
My goal is to save a lot of audio loops and export everything in one step later on, so I can process it in Ableton for OT.
To be honest I haven’t used Audiobus since my iPad is too old (original iPad 2) to handle multiple synths at the same time, but as I said I will upgrade if I find a reliable solution.

1 Like

You can set it up for 12 loops at a time, just look in the settings. Love that app. :slight_smile:

Old iPad… can only run one synth app at a time… want looping…

Have you tried Thumbjam? It’s a rompler w/ built in looper. Might be lightweight enough for your iPad.

Old iPads are good candidates for running Pure Data patches. This MW thread mentions a guy who plays live looping shows using the pD Alfaloop patch. but it’s w/ an external synth: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147872&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=50&sid=5ee3dd168a02a62bca08c56077c217c2

I guess you could try AUM instead of Audiobus and see if it works on your iPad as as an audio router. you need some kind of audio routing if you want to run an iPad synth through an iPad looper.

1 Like

Yes