Introductory post + the sound of my soul

Hello everyone!

I figured this would be a pretty ideal place to introduce myself since I’m pretty much completely new to the world of making music and Elektron, and what a better way for people to get to know me than to hear parts of my soul through the sounds I’ve made so far! About three months ago, the music bug bit me, I bought a Yamaha DGX-530 keyboard and just started having fun with it by playing a handful of chords, mainly F-G-A chord progressions, and something must have clicked in my head at some point and the music started flowing out completely effortlessly in a flow like state.

I happened to order the monomachine sfx60+ mkii on ‘moments impulse’, but I also have very clear recollection of hearing about it in… let’s just call them ‘alternate timelines’ because it wasn’t this physical reality nor a dream, and it was convincing enough kind of narrative for me to drop $1500 on a piece of an instrument I had no idea what I was going to do with. After the monomachine arrived, I quickly figured out a way to incorporate a mild synth and ambient style to my piano and the sound initially just blew me out of the water.

I still have only learned 1% of monomachine’s potential and mad respect to all of you guys who have truly mastered this instrument. The learning curve doesn’t seem that steep, but I’m just now realizing the depth of the instrument and all the different things it’s capable of.

My end goal is to take some of my piano melodies like ‘Soul’s light’, add deep and matching basslines, touching layers, heavy kicks, and just experiment with the music that’s coming from my soul and start producing music that could be classified as something like ‘modern classical EDM synth’ or whatever my sound naturally will evolve to as I discover more and more functionality of the monomachine and the things holding back my sound won’t be my lack of experience anymore.

I’ve already learned more about myself through the music I’ve produced for myself mainly, and the monomachine than I imagined, so I’m very curious to see how my sound and music will turn out in a couple of months once I’m past the beginner stage of making music.

I’m also beginning to realize, that there’s really no better way to get to know someone, including myself, than the music that comes from the heart, and this heart is sometimes a physical instrument like a keyboard, and can also be a beating electronic heart like the monomachine!

If my words or sounds so far have resonated with any of you, it would would be a privilege to hear the sound of y’all’s souls since I know that I’m going to become a very active part of the community here!

1 Like