Introducing Syntakt

Hmm, latest firmware installed on syntakt? Tried to reboot both pc an syntakt (remove USB cable)

What you’re showing here is probably selecting syntakt as OB audio interface. Hence the error since it’s not in OB mode. It’s strange though that it doesn’t show the class compliant version.

Overbridge works in addition to your normal audio interface, I have never tried to use an Elektron box as my main IO, I would image if that worked as a normal IO then you don’t use/select Overbridge at all.

The grass is always greener.

I’m considering keeping the Syntakt with my OT and DN simply until I can afford another A4.

Otherwise, I’ll be deciding within a day if I’m returning it or not to just save up.

Yeah, I’m over it. It’s like the book the “Alchemist” (finding the treasure where you are; sorry if that’s a spoiler for anyone lol). I have always lusted over the “one box” but in recent years done a pretty good job sticking with what I have. Thanks for the input!

3 Likes

Finding nice tracks with the gear you have that others have made is always the inspiration I need in order to find the creativity.

3 Likes

My offer on Reverb just got accepted, so it looks like I’ll be joining you freaks soon enough :slight_smile:

I’m starting an improv project with a violinist and I’m finding using my eurorack, Octatrack, EssenceFM and Oxi One combo to be a bit unweildy. The setup takes to long for club gigs. So I’m hoping the OT/Syntakt combo might be a bit more manageable. OT for sampling/looping/mangling the violin and as a performance mixer. The Syntakt (hopefully) will handle synth/percussion duties. Worth a shot, at least! I found the Model:Cycles pretty easy to improvise on, so…

8 Likes

Spent a few hours with the Syntakt today/tonight. Much to learn, but it seems kinda cool so far :slight_smile:

8 Likes

welcome Snipe :space_invader:

Syntakt is a damn great piece of kit. my setup is OT & ST too.

6 Likes

That sounds like quite a rad combo.

1 Like

Breakcore on the Syntakt solo :wink:

17 Likes

I really like the drawing. Is it from you?

2 Likes

Lilla My :slight_smile:

4 Likes

It could be (since I do draw and paint), but it’s a Little My postcard :wink:

1 Like

You could certainly do worse :slight_smile: I may add a small Poly synth to that combo. Hydrasynth desktop? Lemondrop? I dunno. I have an EssenceFM that I love, but that’s a lot of FM sounds.
For now, I have a separate system with 208HP of eurorack, the EssenceFM and the Oxi One sequencing it. That’s a cool rig too. But for simplicity’s sake, I think I’m gonna just stick with the Syntakt/OT combo for live stuff right now. Maybe throw in some M8 for transistions and whatnot.

1 Like

One more thing…
I’ve never used Overbridge, so I decided to give it a shot. The control panel and stand-alone app worked flawlessly right away and are really cool, but I can’t seem to go directly into Logic as a plug-in. I don’t think that engine will even open up on my computer (iMac 10.15 with plenty of RAM).
Not sure why and couldn’t find anything about it in the OB manual. Any suggestions?
I did use the standalone app and captured a live jam to individual files and that worked perfectly.

I don’t own a ST but OB works fine in Logic Pro X on a Macbook pro 10.15 here with DN, AR, A4 so it should work fine with the ST too.
You need to create a new instrument track and load the plugin.
But the setup in LPX is not the easiest (instruments track with the audio sent to a bus and then an audio track with that bus as an input. I think Live is straight forward though) so I only use the stand alone app and it records just right.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

OT + DT width : 555 mm
Hydra Explorer : 554 mm
:thinking:

5 Likes

could be fate :blush:

I been eyeing up an opsix the past few weeks. wish they’d released a module version without keys. tho it’s a relatively small synth I love me some compact pieces. explorer looks nice too. :space_invader::eyes:

2 Likes

I was p________________ed that I couldn’t get the Opsix when it was sold so cheap (because shipping only to US). However, I got a Digitone last week so I don’t even think about it anymore.

Anyway, I’ve connected my TD-3-MO with my Syntakt and made a acid techno jam. Incidentally, I sketched this out on the Digitakt a while ago. Enjoy :wink:

9 Likes