Introducing Syntakt

Yes, it would be a dream! That, or like the Waveguide in the Volca Drum.
I got the MI Rings only for percussion and nothing else.

Also, as mentioned above, Nord Drum type stuff … yumyum

3 Likes

here are some of my snares i’ve created since I got the Syntakt. Of course they’d be tweaked in a mix [on the Syntakt]. For example, some are too bright.

9 Likes

It’s cool, actually. Not what I’m looking for but still cool - and usable! Gonna try it in a few things later, thanks so much!!

1 Like

my review:

13 Likes

Awesome!

1 Like
13 Likes

A typical “Stimming-esque” review I would say :slightly_smiling_face: (it also demonstrates how musical he actually is).

I always like what he does sonically with all the devices he reviews, there is much detail in the grooves. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

great little vid that

1 Like

:clap: new machines please :clap:

3 Likes

Enjoyed this. He creates some fantastic grooves from simple elements and it’s impressive how much of his signature sound he can capture in this one box despite it not having sampling. Impressive pattern tweaking too. Inspired me to have a go at that kind of sound!

1 Like

Those grooves were impressive

@stimming I don’t suppose you’d like to share SYX for one/some of the grooves from that awesome video? Would be super curious to see how you put them together, they sound amazing! :smiley:

5 Likes

Amazing grooves as usual :slight_smile:

1 Like

Stimming kills it again. Damn. That said I much prefer the beats he made on his old AR. God those were inspiring as hell.

2 Likes

Playlist with all my Syntakt vids so far! Featuring styles such as (mainly) Brutalist Rhythmic Noise Industrial, (as well as) acid, gabber and space theremin electronica. More to come :wink:

15 Likes

Thanks a lot, Jacob! Sorry about the 20 day late reply. The thing with the whole Machines paradigm is that it’s a list of curated 8-macro “presets”. They’re tuned to make great sounds and it’s easy to make good variations of these sounds. I agree with @mssrcolby that you’re losing sonic territory because you’re making sounds in a machine’s carefully selected parameter range. This isn’t a bad thing IME, it’s just something to be aware of. You’re trading a wider sonic territory for ultra fast sound creation/selection.

The Digitone can make great drums, but it involves a LOT previewing while slooowly turning parameters across 4 pages, which is a pain, and is the reason I design new drum sounds based on my old presets and almost never from scratch. While on the Syntakt you select a suitable machine and have the 8 most important controls right there on the same page. I have a harder time breaking out of the machines’ core sounds than I have making something that sounds like “me” on the Digitone and Analog Four. But yeah, it’s a tradeoff between flexibility and speed.

8 Likes

Syntakt reminding more and more like Monomachine each day.
In the way that the more time you put into creating with it, the more you learn the spots to exploit, and the more you get from it.

It sure does make me wish for black and white DT and DN screens, though!

9 Likes

Would you all agree that Syntakt might be the best first Elektron box for a newbie getting into making their own beats? Open to ideas and suggestions, realizing I will likely end up with multiple boxes. Thank you!

1 Like

I would, yes.
tho it is pricey.