Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

get yoself back on the team g … i wanted this too and had an idea :thup:
#grtmndsthnklk

1 Like

nice update i guess, but i was hoping for song mode

21 Likes

Wow! wonderful!

Elektron, please add Midi Retrig to the Digitakt while you’re at it, yeah?

1 Like
9 Likes

If the pattern change bug still exists, it probably will only work if everything is running with the same track length/multipliers.

2 Likes

HUGE!!!

Now the Syntakt gets even more interesting for me!

1 Like

This update makes me happier than any new product announcement could. I just moved and now I need to find the box with my Digitone STAT!

1 Like

Hey @Elektron, the Digitone Keys manual might have an error on page 68 where the […] button is being referred as the Pattern menu key.

Hey, I think it’s great how they keep updating their devices and that is certainly a reason to go with them. I also believe they are passionate about what they build and that is also awesome. And they were not promised for purchases but I am 99% sure they added that in because, as you said, there is a lot of people asking for it and keeping your customer base happy is probably the best way to ensure they remain your customers; as well as bringing new customers in.

So, I really only meant that “grateful” was too strong a word imho. I may be wrong as English is not my first language, but looking up the definition, gratefunessl means “feeling or showing an appreciation of kindness”. I just don’ think there is kindness involved here.

Anyway, maybe I should have kept that to myself, I don’t mean to launch a bug philosophical argument and it’s great that it’s making so many people happy!

4 Likes

Thanks Elektron! :sparkling_heart:

Song mode is definitely useful to me. I don’t even use Mute and always create Patterns with cleared tracks because a) I often layer sounds and b) blabla :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

This is intriguing. Can you elaborate more on this workflow?

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This guitarist says THANK YOU!!! Live shows with a Digitakt now possible.

11 Likes

Legend!

When will this feature be added to the model series?!? :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

Lol I read this like the meme

“No. Need to do it incrementally.”

1 Like

Now we need a «Current Song on your gear» thread.

7 Likes

I’d say it’s somewhere in between. Sure, Elektron is a business, but they’re one of the few that really seem to listen to their customers, and try to implement the things that they ask for. Much more than many, if not most, others. They’re a long way from where they started out, but I used to talk to some of them quite frequently Daniel Hansson was great to talk to. I thought of them more as a friendly team of people making instruments. They’re definitely more of a company now, but still a bit cooler than average IMO.

8 Likes

I can go off hill really quick. But gratefulness is a state of mind. If things are good, its generally best to be grateful about it

6 Likes

Punctuation is king

1 Like