Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

Wasn’t expecting that! Plus keyboard fold and scales…Amazing, thank u Elektron!!!

2 Likes

Nowhere near.

4 Likes

Did not think this day would ever come. I don’t even want song mode but judging by the countless requests it seems like something people really want. And Elektron have delivered. Thank you so much!

3 Likes

I actually think that might be the majority. Never used any songmode either, but you can use it in quite creative ways really. Just try breaking it a bit :wink:

19 Likes

Actually triple taked. Song mode has arrived - pretty amazing that there won’t be anymore future discontent or begging!

3 Likes

Has anyone tried the scales for Digitakt? The new manual looks like that section was copied over from Syntakt…

Can you tell the Digitakt what the sampled note is? Otherwise, the scale root parameter is completely irrelevant.

This is not Song mode… this is the Arranger!!!
This is crazy awesome!

9 Likes

OMG OMG OMG

Keyboard fold on the digitakt. Yes! Thanks elektron, takk skal dere ha :pray:

I love new firmware day :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

5 Likes

Likewise, though I’ve never used it yet on the Analog 4 I’ve had more or less since it was launched. But it’ll be great for those who’ve wanted it so long, and good of Elektron to make all these updates available too.

Corrected.

4 Likes

Ok you broke my arm I’m buying a digitakt

5 Likes

Same, there are some other useful updates included with this though.:v:t3:

1 Like

Holy coconut!

2 Likes

Is song mode still relevant in 2022? :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

screw this hurricane I’ve got song mode folks

9 Likes

What I like about the way Song Mode has been implemented is that this isn’t just for making songs (although of course you can use it this way) but it still has a live performance focus. You can hop in and out without missing a beat.

Loop a row part way through a song, perform with the current row, mute/unmute, Alt-All, parameter changes etc., exit loop mode to continue moving through the song. If you exit song mode it will continue playing the current pattern, jam with some patterns freestyle, enter song mode again and it pick the song up where left off, all while keeping the music going.

This is song mode done right, the Elektron way!

49 Likes

I wonder why the song mode finally landed just now ? Maybe Elektron want to focus their sales on the Digi trio for now, before releasing a new flagship line ? The current flagship line hardware is becoming more and more outdated (AR, AF, OT mk2)…

2 Likes

Less confusion on the DT and DN.

Renamed options in the SOUND OPERATIONS menu in the SOUND MANAGER.
Import to TRK > Load to TRK
Export to here > Save to here

3 Likes

wow! Does the keyboard fold mode work like Ableton scale mode, where every key is in scale?

9 Likes

:drunk: im ded

1 Like