Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

I think the syntakt t-shirt offered on release already cemented it as such :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

9 Likes

Like they have done, for 10+ years?

8 Likes

Just like that, my dream box materialised… Damn it. Now I have to start saving up for a Syntakt 🥲

1 Like

How does song mode act when you have two digi boxes in song mode?

Now my plan is :

• Make an Album with what I did
  • Flush everything and start fresh with Song Mode
3 Likes

That would be singalong mode

16 Likes

Soo happy! Can’t wait to update my Digitone

But but but what is everyone going to endlessly/needlessly moan about now and are we about to see a huge tsunami of things finally released because the big thing that was holding them back is now ‘fixed’?

1 Like

I have DT, DN and ST. I have them all clocked to my DAW with transport. So when I press play on my DAW they all start playing.

Any of them can be in song mode, so they run independently. This makes it cool to run different length songs on the devices (for exploring) There is not a way to copy songs between devices that I’m aware of, but it’s not too much work to edit rows manually to get the same structure. Works best when the structure settles down.

2 Likes

When i saw this update I immediately busted out laughing, congratulations all who wished for this, we better see some EPIC songs posted

4 Likes

Very awesome! One question though … How does one get to the Pattern menu on the Syntakt now?

1 Like

Lol “come on. Let’s see your SONGS. You spent so much time talking about wanting song mode. So let’s see your SONGS! Where are they?!”

7 Likes

I have faith in the Elektronauts community that there will be some mind-bending arrangements posted, that only further my dissapointment with myself.

7 Likes

Always lack of stereo sampling on the digitakt to complain about

3 Likes

List of changes from OS 1.30B to 1.40

Improvements

Implemented Song mode. The [···] key has been re-purposed and is now the [SONG MODE] key. The PATTERN menu has been moved to the SETTINGS menu.

5 Likes

Waa hoping more of a pitch and modulation wheel midi passthrough update but i do very much like the added scales and DT scales and the way non existing notes in a set scale get filtered out playing connected hardware synths on midi out with a midi keyboard on midi in.

I really don’t get the hype about song mode :rofl::rofl::rofl:. On a device without a kit or Part system it’s kind of worthless. The Global FX for ST is nice tho!

2 Likes

I was hoping for AI song mode so my dn came up with the whole song by itself :slight_smile:

just a small [•••]+Yes and boom, whole song

6 Likes

Also wondering this

1 Like