Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone and Digitone Keys

Check your radar, Song Mode is splashing down on planets Digitakt, Syntakt, and Digitone.

It’s fair to say that Song Mode has been a somewhat generously requested addition to the Digi Trinity, and we’re delighted to bring this powerful feature to those machines.

Song Mode lets you create, edit, and play compositions made up of dozens of your patterns. This makes it a hugely useful feature for all kinds of scenarios and for all kinds of artists.

Want to have a deeply customizable backing track, leaving your hands free for other sweet gear? That’s now possible. And so much more. Extend beyond the limits of the 64-step sequencer, giving you the possibility of longer phrases. Create entire set-lists in a single song, and use it as the springboard for your wicked performance, going off-piste whenever it feels right. Sequence external devices and have them dancing to Song Mode’s tune, turning the Digis into fully-fledged MIDI beasts.

There are also plenty of creative tricks to explore as well, ensuring that hitting play is only the beginning of Song Mode’s potential.

Song Mode may be the show stealer, but we also have a bunch more excellent features landing across the Digis. There’s Portamento, Legato, and global FX/mix coming to Syntakt, and Keyboard Fold and a wider range of scales arriving on Digitakt and the Digitones. For a full list of new features, improvements, and squashed bugs, please check the release notes.

Keep an eye on our channels for the variety of ways that Song Mode can work for you, and download this sublime OS Upgrade for your machines at elektron.se.

Download Digitakt 1.40

Download Syntakt 1.10

Download Digitone 1.40

Download Digitone Keys 1.40

Overbridge

To use the upgraded Digitakt/Syntakt/Digitone OS with Overbridge, please update to Overbridge 2.1.4, also released today.

Check out the Song Mode launch video and tutorial goodness on YouTube.

144 Likes

Incredible!

7 Likes

Internet is breaking today.

40 Likes

omg :sunglasses:

5 Likes

:star_struck:

3 Likes

:partying_face:

2 Likes

Yes!! Thank you!

3 Likes

Awesome!! Please add the firmware to the Digitakt page :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I didn’t see that coming. I suppose we can close the forum now

70 Likes

Check the promo vids

“Hi I’m Enrique from Elektron”

:star_struck:

22 Likes

It’s here at last!!!

This is MASSIVE :partying_face:

3 Likes

Wooohoooo! :heart_eyes:

I had the privilege to get an early peek, and here’s my take on it:

26 Likes

:skull:

1 Like

Internet will break today.
Here’s my in depth video :slight_smile:

45 Likes

Is that it?

Is that it?

8 Likes

The most wanted and least expected feature to release has finally come. What a great time to be alive. Next step is OT mk3.

15 Likes

Far more exciting, than the song mode :100:

56 Likes

Oh interesting, is he not working for novation any longer??

2 Likes

Really glad to see scales and fold on the Digitakt!

Portamento to Syntakt is a huge improvement for that analog bass track!

9 Likes

Release notes for Digitone are still for 1.32A