Introducing Octatrack MKII

I thought this thread was about Octatrack? I know my post was. I think OT would have deserved a true 2017 edition.

2 Likes

Too excited. Long & McQuade in Canada have 60 units coming in - Iā€™m 11th on the list, so it should arrive in short order! :smile:

4 Likes

Manual says conditional rules can be applied to sample/note trigs, lock trigs, trigless trigs, and one shot trigs.

Does not mention recorder trigs, whoever gets one soon, can you please try to condition a recorder trig?

Also no mention of ā€œeraseā€ under rec3ā€¦ :thinking:

2 Likes

@lemons I think his point just meant they have been doing stuff, I think the lack of additions is probably down to the fact they have a lot on their plate at the moment already

something else of note:

The FILL condition is different on OT MKII than it is on A4 and AR.
Instead of holding PAGE to engage the FILL, on OT MKII you will have to hold UP + PAGE.

So FILLs will require two hands. Going to make me look even busier! :wink:

3 Likes

Weird

Oh, itā€™s probably because that button has uses in every mode but track modeā€¦
Highest note for chromatic mode, page/row select for slice and slot mode, scale change for delay controlā€¦

4 Likes

(Gawd. You again.)

I donā€™t understand this mentality. Someone else said this earlier: If it were released as a brand new product today, it would be the hottest new sampler to drop. How is that not 2017?

IMO Elektron feels the same as theyā€™ve essentially doubled down on the OTs longevity by updating the amp section, sequencer and build. Even without having done a thing, the OTMKI still holds its own against MPCLive and Toraiz.

1 Like

@CarlMikaelBjork @cuckoomusic anyone offer some insight on this?

Indeed!

I donā€™t mind.
The OT is 10 pounds of instrument in a 5 pound casing.

5 Likes

Iā€™d love to hear more about this.

1 Like

Also looks like we get an optional one-shot fill functionality:

:thup:

4 Likes

This one pattern cycle fill also exists on AR and A4.

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget if it doesnā€™t work, weā€™re going midi loopback!
I want someone to check though, just in caseā€¦ :totes:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve always wanted it to do that, I had no idea.

1 Like

Thatā€™s news to me! :grinning:

Itā€™s in the manuals!

4 Likes

Well, I spotted it on launch day for OTmk2, yet somehow I missed it for my 3 year old Rytm!

1 Like

Not holding out much hope for this latching fill functionality being pulled across from the Analogs given the key combo overlap

edit : thanks @openmike (below, for new method from manual ā€¦ Iā€™ve just realised there was no conflict as I was confusing Yes with Up anyway, doh!)

2 Likes

Itā€™s got another method:

[quote]If you want to latch FILL mode, press [UP]+[DOWN]+[PAGE]. Press [UP]+[PAGE] to unlatch FILL mode. [/quote] :thup:

1 Like