Introducing Octatrack MKII

Somebody refresh my memory please… has it been confirmed that overbridge will never be implemented on the OT MKII?

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately for those that would have liked 8 outs.

1 Like

I want to want one, but I don’t gig enough to justify it. I’m sure it would be soooo much fun in the studio, but without overbridge or individual outs, STILL not for me :frowning:

That said, I’m in love with my DT and if overbridge never comes for that, I will be super sad.

2 Likes

So the only real changes between mk1 and mk2 are the new case color and better viewing angles on the display? Is that what the fuss is about?

The full list of changes is on the Elektron website and transcribed in this post:

2 Likes

These and a few other details like UX revisited and better input headroom.
TRC is the main change, and fortunately both OTs will have it.

I’m going for mk2.
And I just can’t wait for it.

1 Like

One would think that in the seven years between OT mk1 and mk2, they could have developed it a bit more.

2 Likes

This has been discussed many times already.

I only feel happiness and excitement.
I wonder why you fail to do so. Wish you did.

2 Likes

Screen looks fantastic. Wonder why they chose blue instead of the amber on the DT?

Not sure if you are being ironic?

Can’t think of many manufacturers that would provide a MkII model and back port the OS to a MKI model… especially after 7 years.

Hold out for MkIII with upgraded CPU/DSP/Analog/I/O options and new OS…

I feel good too, but I still think they should have developed the OT concept more for mk2 in the seven years between mk1 and mk2. Seems lazy to only update case color and add a couple of shortcut buttons, don’t you think?

2 Likes

I would have liked to see them develop a form factor similar to the other two. Never owning an OT to begin with, I don’t have much to complain about other than that.

I wish there were more vids, I don’t like the stuff Cuckoo is playing on his.

Plenty of these posts are live on this forum. They have not been deleted.
In fact, many in this very thread.
One of which is your very own.

Deleted posts are those that do not adhere to the forum guidelines that we all agree to in order to participate in this forum.

Furthermore, those posts are typically edited/deleted by the users themselves (not mods) after we have been in communication with them privately.

1 Like

wish I understood what he’s doing there, I’m stuck in 4/4 and it’s getting depressing.

As previously discussed, like months ago, there’s possibly a new thing that matches the form factor of the new A4/AR.
If we end up with a choice between OT, OTMKII, and some new thing, it’ll be raining elektron.
Seems opposite of lazy to me.
Based on what people like Cenk seem to be into, I imagine they have a few things on the horizon.
FM synth in DT form factor
Something granular
probably a delay and a reverb thingy
etc.

:3lektron::boom:

3 Likes

Happens eveytime, Elektron announce a thing, I tell myself I don’t need it, then I see a video. GEEZ.
The only thing that’s gonna curb my jones is an OS update.

3 Likes

OMG OMG OMG TRIG CONDITIONS ON THE OT!!! COMPATIBLE WITH MKI TOO!

ELEKTRON YOU ARE MY HEROES, AGAIN!

Thank you.

1 Like

I desire this more than anything. #Hope

5 Likes

Manual is up:

:monkey_face:

9 Likes