Introducing Octatrack MKII

the page specifically says ‘hi-res’ encoders

Interesting, I guess they would handle this like a4 ak differences with same os, adjust os for mk2 encoders but keep the OS in sync otherwise.

1 Like

The OLED is the same res, 128 × 64. Still, it is welcome for contrast improvement.

1 Like

Hi res encoders does not equal high resolution parameters

It just permits different user input schemes

5 Likes

14 Likes

Seems the OS will be the same as the MK1.

4 Likes

No overbrigde? Same software?

yes, that’s really good news

3 Likes

Yeah definitely aimed for new buyers rather than existing OT users.
Not nearly enough reason to update for existing OT users imo

2 Likes

Now I’m looking at my Rytm and thinking… AR/A4 Mk II coming shortly with new color scheme + buttons/screen?

2 Likes

ah, cool, that detail was added since the first time I looked…

odd though, ive a tiny oled display here that is 2.5x1.5cm, that is 128x64, and cost me about $20,
and Elektron didn’t think that a bigger high resolution display was a good idea :wink:

I would happily have paid a little more for this change in hardware when i bought a new mk1 two months ago. It can feel a little monotone with the dark trinity sometimes so i welcome the gray, but eff it… if i didn’t know of this i would be happy with it so i better focus on that or it can get really sour i imagine.

it looks lovely, nice new buttons. if you were gonna get an OT you’d get the new one. grand.
but man they missed a trick. coulda had sh1t loads more customers.
Trig conditions, updated effects, OB. simples.

strange decision imo.

2 Likes

All the naysayers aren’t studying the picture enough. Look at the buttons. You see the track button? It has the Elektron symbol on it. That’s cute af

Also you can save things from the front panel, and there’s a dedicated button/monitor level for src which could be useful

i happen to love the new color scheme. And the most exciting thing is, with this MKII they’re establishing their new big-box branding to differentiate from their Junior Mint boxes- I’m expecting a follow up to this branding fairly soon- and I look forward to seeing what new thing another Elektron big-box would be. I can’t imagine what new thing they have left to accomplish. With the dark trinity and the silvers I’d reckon they have covered all the bases pretty well

3 Likes

Cool as. If I didn’t own mk1 and DT I’d be on this.
Was actually considering selling DT (pm me if interested-not listed yet) as I’m not sure how much I will use it along side OT. Maybe I should sell both and buy this instead?

Odd; the A4 manual says “Full Speed USB 2.0 connection”.

Given they’re using the same OS and it is likely a drop in replacement, I can understand it.

1 Like

Maybe hold off for a bit and see if the can keep up with delivery of pre-orders and Bugfixes… At least, thats my philosophy at the moment.

Wonder if that OLED screen could be retro-fitted on an OT1, if the OT1 displayed went end-of-life?

4 Likes

I like your thinking.

1 Like