Introducing Model:Samples

Hmm so this thing has different time division per track while on the bigger machines we are crying for them for years. Big disappointment.

3 Likes

this would be next level

Next AND previous! :smiley: In all the best possible ways.

i think Model:Drums is on the way for this reason

2 Likes

How about Model:Citizen with dedicated knobs for income distribution, civic engagement, charity, mentoring, etc.? :rofl:

14 Likes

Ok, but then I want to see Model:Train with only one large knob for speed.

7 Likes

All aboard the Elektron train!

Choo Choo!

I want to see a review of Model:Samples by Martin Stimming at EB.tv :joy:

6 Likes

hey man, as a guitarist i really feel offended !!! could you please change that into bassist !!!

10 Likes

Bassist here, change that to ā€˜singerā€™ please

15 Likes

It would be funny if at the elektron office on one side of the table there are all the cool dudes we know and love who want to make a true OT 2, or the mythical electron 8 track fx sequenced mixer tape machine, want to add some sexy extras to DT, want to do a monomachinedrum packed into a DT formfactor, want to do the DigiGran and the DigiWave, they want stereo mix in on the DT, they want to release every machineā€™s sysex manualā€¦

On the other side of the table are the accountants from the VC firm who, following running their spreadsheet analysis, want to make a beige distortion pedal and a beige groove box ā€¦ or else they are selling their stake to Uli.

I wonder is that how it is.
Having been in a similar business, you need the accountants or someday after lots of fun, thereā€™s no money left!

Actually just joking - I see some merit in MS, though it should be $275

9 Likes

This now

4 Likes

@Kloanhead I could see that although I wouldnā€™t be surprised if the digitakt used price goes upā€¦ like once all the people who got it at the initial pricing have decided to keep our sell, because the new pricing on it has climbed quite a bit. The A4 mk1s seem to have already gone up about 200ish $ since the low of around 500 has seemingly passed.

That is the most disapprovingly old-man tap Iā€™ve ever seen.

4 Likes

Maybe another company is reading this forum, or reading our mindsā€¦This doesnā€™t have to be something done by Elektron.

2 Likes

Iā€™m looking for this info too. looks like thereā€™s no way to send the 6 individual tracks out?

Yep, no overbridge.

funny i thought the point of this forum was to discuss gear

2 Likes

A LOT of music isnt played as a one shot performance tho.
Its jammed, cut up, pieced back together (i try to do one shot. I lose direction the other way :slight_smile: )

There was this Sonicstate where the guys were talking about jammin out tunes. Then having the task of trying to figure out hiw they were gonna play it live.

So if you look at the stuff as parts of the final tuneā€¦perhaps they dont need to do it all.

Thats probably why theres SO many vids on youtube that are just fuckin loops. FULLY guilty myself. :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve been firmly in the ā€œseems quite nice but too much crossover with my DTā€ camp but having read through this thread and watched the available vids a few times I find my view changingā€¦ Iā€™ve been (slowly!) building a live set around my DT and a few other boxes with the idea of having it all fit in a backpack but Iā€™m now starting to think the M:S and DT would make a great wee pairing for that purpose. I think Iā€™ll try to at least resist until after Superbooth in case there are other M:???'s forthcoming or track scaling makes itā€™s way onto the DT.

3 Likes