Introducing Model:Samples

That would certainly be a nifty feature!

Plus reading the manual just gets me confused, and knowing less. As for instance.

hmm… one though is no sound locks? that is a pretty major difference but maybe it will stem some new creativity? like writing melodic tracks with drums that you shorten into loops when you want to bring them in? and using a filter envelope to make a chord sample into something more rhythmic for a bit. Lots a of potential still and a battery pack incoming… I think I would quite enjoy one, it might even get me to consider keeping the digitakt as my studio sampler and it as a gigging device.

its look reminds me of this beauty

I feel like it and one nice keyboard synth would be a great minimal rig.

2 Likes

The price is everything here. The prices on Elektron’s web shop show that the M:S is intended to be less than 60% of the price of the DT. When the street prices reflect that ratio, then it will make sense.

For now, if you can get a DT for a hundred quid or so more, and get 8 internal plus 8 midi tracks, plus sampling inputs, a metal chassis etc, it’s not going to happen for the Samples.

4 Likes

That’s how I roll, man. Nothing like an icy cold bath, steam room, sauna, and then sitting in the snack bar area with a machine, some headphones and korean food…

2 Likes

10 posts were split to a new topic: Gaming off-topic

Sounds cool … on the other hand, i am more like an Elektron box, not good at multitasking :see_no_evil:

Does anybody know is the case made of plastic or metal?

Well, you can always work around that by combining multiple samples into one file and plocking the start point. But, yeah, that needs some preparation on a computer (due to no resampling) and more work using it.

1 Like

Looks like it’s being jammed straight into a computer or tablet device here. Check out that cool looking box!

6 Likes

Hmmm not really, I’d rather have my $170 Circuit with two synths than this.

6 Likes

This whole thread can be summarized similarly to loyalists vs. patriots.

I understand loving Elektron and everything they create but they are one of the most unique hardware companies out there for a reason. No one wants to see them become the next xyz company, I want them to stay Elektron and for the reasons they have been in the first place and kill the market they own. They’ve always tailored to the high-end market, IMO the mid-level groovebox market is pretty saturated. Will I ever get one of these? Maybe, and only if it’s around $200, solely for the purpose of real-time alteration which is a bit easier than on the DT. I like to use my machines as instruments and this does have that nuanced feature especially with velocity sensitive pads. I don’t like the features, design, overall capabilities, or the plastic body.

If you think about it, Elektron hasn’t really made such a generic piece of kit until this. Prior, everything they sold had a rightful place somewhere with little competition, this has a bunch of competition and many similar devices in nature and capabilities, even if it is the best in its class, which is arguable.

6 Likes

I’d rather have a $170 Circuit with two synths than it as well…

What were you replying to of mine exactly? I lost track and can’t tell if you’re arguing against a point I made or supporting it… :robot:

I think there’s a lot for digitakt owners here to really not have to worry about canibalisation etc ie 2 less tracks, no locks, no ob, no sampling, no compressor, no independent midi tracks. The DT is a beast compared to this thing but the M:S certainly has some tricks up its sleeve. Honestly if I was starting out I would buy one, people are going to make great tunes with it. I’ve only had my DT a month or so, so I’m happy with what I’ve got and don’t feel concerned about this new product impact on my buy. It was different when I had the A4 / AR and then the mkii’s dropped. That salty water was hard to swallow

4 Likes

haha you said it was a Circuit killer, where I don’t think it is. maybe you meant that it was targeting that market. (also to be clear I meant the two synths in the circuit, not using the money to buy synths). cheers!

1 Like

Anyone else notice how the velocity sensitive pads in the Perfect Circuit / Baseck video are different than the ones you see in Elektron promotion? Just an outline lights up, instead of the whole pad.

Maybe they had an earlier version different from the final production version?

34%20PM

58%20PM

6 Likes

Couple of questions I can’t figure out from the manual

1. Does retrig get sent over midi?

2. Can you plock the reverse and loop buttons?

This is the #1 thing I wish the Digitakt had…

1 Like

Strange indeed.