Introducing Model:Samples

Seeing how many times you press the function button plus a track button makes me think that Elektron should have placed a little button below or above each track button for muting them. Seems like muting/unmuting tracks is something that happens so often that its own button would be beneficial to workflow.

3 Likes

Or even implement FUNC+(doubletap/hold)TRACK to lock Mute Mode :man_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

I love the idea of mute and solo, but that box seems to have enough going for it to overlook that stuff :slight_smile:

I still see a stop button on this one.
I’d like to see Elektron remove the stop button for future devices… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It does enable quitters

2 Likes
2 Likes

You can get stereo out of the digitakt ins if you are going over usb into a computer… unless I am mistaken pretty sure it works though. Maybe that defeats the purpose for some people though as you could also route them both into a laptop at that point.

Thank you very much guys!

1 Like

Does the Model:Samples support automatic pattern switching like the other machines?

1 Like

I totally agree. Seperate mute buttons would be lovely. And maybe a button for selecting a track without having to press the track button. And maybe… :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is not an official forum

1 Like

Well it is in that the Elektron people maintain/fund it. The community is predominantly community moderated, tidied etc, Elektron very rarely get involved in that regard; we can do lots of administrative things, but we cannot create categories.

2 Likes

Have you seen the lovely Stimming review the M:S…

https://youtu.be/pL8W70H9_94

starts out a bit sceptical, but all in all he makes it look more appealing than most other demos/reviews I’ve seen…

2 Likes

Hello,

I have seen your other videos that you have made with a Digitakt & Novation Launch Control XL.

I have a Digitakt already and am wondering how much the Novation Launch Control XL helps in regards to accessing the various Digitakt tracks.

One of the things people seem to like about the M:S is that there is a dedicated knob for each parameter.

But I already have a Digitakt, so I am going to stick with that.

Oh, and I enjoyed this “On The Downside” video.

Thank you,
ie

1 Like

Very clever approach, sounds great.

1 Like

Thank you! When i started using midi controllers with the Digitakt it felt like a dream come true. I always wanted a knobby sampler. I highly recommend the XL for the Digitakt. You’ll need a daw or some kind of usb-to-midi converter though.
The m:s feels very similar than a digitakt with a midi controller but it’s a bit more simple.
I’ll have to say the XL + Digitakt still feels a bit better to me because you only have to turn the knobs one circle to go through the whole parameter range. On the other hand the endless encoders on the m:s are better for changing patterns without parameter jumps.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback.

Since most of my questions on this matter are Digitakt related, I will not go into it further on this thread.

take care,
ie

1 Like

Yes, there is pattern chaining

21.09 is gold :yum:

Elektron is the registrant of the domain. So by all means they are officially in charge.

1 Like