Elmyra - a DIY drone synthesizer inspired by the Lyra-8

Sure. Message or email please, so I can keep track of everyone. Thanks!

1 Like

Good news, everyone!

Fancy black lead-free PCBs are on the way:

pcbpreview

Even fancier black/white/gold fiberglass panels will soon be on the way. I’ll post here when the design is finalized.

Partial kits will be possible (including everything that goes on the PCB plus 6x metal touch pads and 4x LEDs including sockets).

No full kits or builds right now, but possibly later.

3 Likes

I would be interested in one of those partial kits…will you contact us when ready?

1 Like

Did you send me an email? If so, you’re on the list and you’ll get more infos in a few days. If not, well, send me an email… :wink: admin@neutral-labs.com

1 Like

Done :upside_down_face:

One more open question, will be possible to get face plates too?

Of course! This is what I mean by:

2 Likes

Panels (2 mm fiberglass, structured matte finish)! I just ordered a couple, so get on the list if you want one.

2 Likes

Because people have been asking what’s in a partial kit:

• PCB
  • panel
  • 6x touchpad, washers, nuts
  • 1x MCP6002
  • 4 x LED socket
  • 3 x LED orange
  • 1 x LED blue
  • IC socket 8
  • 2 xBAT85
  • all resistors
  • all capacitors
  • female headers
  • male headers
  • header plugs
  • wire
  • 1 Neutral Labs sticker :wink:

What you may need, depending on how you want to build it:

• a case
  • ItsyBitsy controller
  • 8 x SPDT switches (1 x SPDT and 7 x SPST also works)
  • 10 x pot 10k linear (3 x 10k and e.g. 7 x 22k also works , see build document)
  • knobs
  • output jack
  • USB cable
  • USB plug micro (depending on how you want to feed the power, see document)

The build document is here:

I also have a limited number of full kits and will do a very limited number of commissioned builds.

7 Likes

New firmware v1.2 adds chromatic mode and a polyphonic sequencer! :slight_smile:

Neutral Labs Elmyra drone synth v1.2 - chromatic mode and sequencer

7 Likes

I was able to ship out some of the orders, but now DHL refuses to accept shipments to outside of Germany due to some kind of virus that seems to be going around. :woman_shrugging:

I’m looking into other options, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, if you still have to wait, how about you make up your mind about the colour of your knobs. There’s an obvious choice. :smiley:

7 Likes

Wow!! This makes it even a better companion for Lyra 8…

1 Like

Any chance you have anymore openings for a commissioned build?

1 Like

Yes, if you can live with a 4-5 week wait time. The list is long and growing… :wink:

Just drop me an email at admin@neutral-labs.com to get on it.

1 Like

Looking great!

1 Like

Shipping now works for most European destinations. US is possible with USPS and will just take a bit longer. Still no good options for AUS/NZ and Canada unfortunately.

1 Like

This is just me testing a few builds. :wink:

6 Likes

There is now a PDF manual due to all the requests for one. :wink:

And, more good news: Shipping to Canada is now working again.

3 Likes

A collection of some sound snippets I made with 2 Elmyras and various pieces of gear (0-coast, Lyra-8, Digitakt, Analog Four, Ocean Machine, GR-1 etc.).

Also, those full kits are now officially available from the friendly guys at Exploding Shed (EU shipping only): https://www.exploding-shed.com/diy-kits-overview/diy-kits-neutral-labs

If you’re anywhere else, you can of course order them directly from me.

3 Likes

Respect for putting this out!

I ve often fantasized about it when building MCU synths for my art projects but never actually polished something to a state that it got publisheable. Working on a kit that s gonna be bundled with an art magazine though!

1 Like