Introducing: Digitone Keys

I guess you could say that of most synths, but it doesn’t make them boring. The XD and the Peak are both exceptionally capable, you just have to spend time with them to get to know their capabilities. And both are implementing new functionality with user and vendor upgrades. The XD has loadable user defined oscillators which massively improve its sounds creation capabilities, and the Peak has user creatable wavetables which allow it to do things your standard subtractive synth doesn’t usually do, at least at that price point <cough, Waldorf>. Both of these are not exactly boring features, and even without, if you get to know them and spend time learning them in depth, they’re excellent pieces of equipment.

1 Like

I finally saved up enough money to buy a Digitone Keys, but it looks like they’re discontinued? A dealer told me that supposedly the last batch is coming in the next week or so to dealers. Anyone know?

B&H Photo shows it as discontinued.

Nobody in the US has them in stock, except Analogue Haven at $1299.
Hmm, they still have the Analog Keys in stock too, at $1349.

several other members on here have been expressing their frustrations about not being able to find one.
if you got that word from a dealer, id hang on to your money and snatch one up if you can. its such a great instrument.

Damn… and there was a user in the US selling theirs for $800 with a deck lid and original packaging…

I had a hard time getting my current one too. Ended up buying new in box from Armen’s on ebay. Sad if they’re really discontinuing them, because it’s one of the best synths full stop.

1 Like

One available on Reverb here in Canada. Every store I’ve checked shows them out of stock, discontinued, or no longer available:

Thanks guys! :+1:

If the incoming batch is indeed the last, then I’ll definitely get a new one (Well, they already have my money, so I’ll wait until Monday, when the dealer will have more info.)

Can I P-lock operator ratio offsets?

If I understand correctly, the ratios are ‘quantized’ or stepped?
Is there a way to make the ratio continuous?

Yes each can be given a broad/smooth/continuous offset, so ratios are freely lockable through these additional offsets added part-way through its development cycle

2 Likes

Powerful stuff, thank you for the info!

At Zzounds the Digitone Keys are scheduled to ship on January 16th. Everywhere else I checked they’re currently out of stock, but I found no mention of it being ‘discontinued’.

1 Like

Over the last few months I keep seeing estimated shipping dates slipping all the time so presume parts shortage maybe

Word On The Street is that it’s discontinued. This US retailer still has stock, they claim.

Makes me want to buy one just because FOMO and I’m sure it’s great. But my desktop version might get lonely… were my studiomate not using it all the time.

1 Like

They shipped a load of new ones to Euro retailers last week. Mine has just been shipped

I think just slow production - prob part suppliers like a lot of other hardware

1 Like