Introducing: Digitone Keys

4 Likes

thank you!

1 Like

2 Likes

Somehow they missed the opportunity to fit that angles between dnk and analog mk2’s.
But that’s just ocd I guess.

4 Likes

To fit my Make Noise 104hp 3he Eurorack case beneath it, i probably need to woodwork something clever…

I see you use Ableton.

Could you tell me if the Digitone-keys is working fine with Overbridge and Ableton ?

Also, will the Digitone-keys work as a controller for Ableton ?
Just for inputting notes… As an added sweetener can it be used as a controller for Ableton devices?
Maybe using the 8 controller knobs for macro control…
Thanks!

the skiff? seems like it would fit great right above the keys, right? maybe just on a tilted laptop stand (or two). I think there’s some 3D printed stands for tilting the skiff too.

Haven´t tried the DK with OB and Ableton yet.

IIRC in the interview between Nick Batt and Cenk about the DK, Cenk said, that the DK can work as a midi controller. If you want to be sure, check the manual:

14.3.4 MIDI EXT MENU

The Digitone Keys has a very flexible MIDI CONTROLLER mode that lets you use the Digitone Keys’s[KEYBOARD] and other controllers to control external devices via MIDI. Press [MIDI EXT] page69image4167621504|9.522000x9.551000to toggle the MIDI CONTROLLER mode on/off.

Hmmm i try later. Just came home from work. Need. Food. Drink.

Yep, I’ve read the manual but I wasn’t certain about it working with Ableton devices or just hardware boxes… I’m sure it would do.

Cheers.

Well, i see no reason why it can not.

DK has arrived today and will pair with Octa MKI, CP88 and Prophet XL.

Inspiring setup.

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing, have fun!!

Yeah, so this happened … a few hours in, it’s hard not to love these new set of keys.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing but not in a million years for me.

Whatever makes your boat float. :slightly_smiling_face:

I just got to try one of these in a store, and was honestly blown away by the quality. I had thought the pitch/mod wheels to the left of the sequencer was a horrible design decision but in person it totally made sense and they felt incredible. The knobs above the keys really added a whole new level of immediacy. I’m not much of a keys player so the scale functionality was incredible - really wish that was on the A4 or OT. The Digitone had never appealed to me but the keys does. Great job Elektron.

4 Likes

My keys will be here next week! :star_struck:
I’ll design something to use for that purpose and make sure to share it here (maybe sell a few for those who are not mechanically inclined). Most likely a 3D print friendly design. I plan to use almost that exact combo with a couple of auxiliary items.

1 Like

Octatrack gone already? :male_detective:

Nope. Still got it.

But it’s facing tough competition from the Blackbox.

Been on the OT for years. Maybe it’s time we go our different ways.