Introducing: Digitone Keys

:smiley:

That’s actually ok for me. At 6’4" I have an arm-span that can handle it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sure same DNA and a lot of similarities of course (drum machine and sampling), but the MIDI tracks are a big enough part of the machine that it could not just be replaced by an AR, that’s why I don’t consider it to simply be an up-sell.

And Meriphew, just because I’ve disagreed with you about a few things recently doesn’t mean that I’m going to automatically disagree with everything you have to say or think your opinions are all wrong. Disagreeing with someone about something doesn’t mean that the right response is to just ignore them.

Sorry for my regular derailment of this thread people, has anyone here received a DK in the mail yet?

1 Like

Tbh the Digi’s probably dont have a song mode because of Overbridge, and because they assumed most people who would be buying it would have some other form of sequencer already i.e Octatrack, MPC, DAW, etc.

I don’t mind the lack of song mode, personally. Not being able to save pattern chains is quite annoying though.

3 Likes

I know some dislike the physical appearance of the Digitone Keys, I think it actually looks pretty cool.

2 Likes

I do too, it’s pretty strange and I think the look fits perfectly with the sounds it makes. The more I look at it, the more I want one! I could order one right now buuuuuut it is pretty expense for an impulse purchase. I wonder how many they’ve sold.

They are agree and back to topic! :heavy_heart_exclamation:
I admit I got used to DNK look, kind of like it now. Better than MnM version for sure!

C’mon! Doooooooooo it! Dooooooooooooooooooo iiiiiiiiitttttttttttt!

:smiley:

1 Like

Ugh dude I want to I’m really enamored with the idea of allll that steel, the DT already feels sooo solid and I’m sure the DK must feel like an absolute battleship… I told myself that instead of lusting after it I should turn my Peak on more often…

Has anyone from the first batch of orders received theirs???

1 Like

This

1 Like

I just sold my DN and I want that DNK thing badly now! :stuck_out_tongue:
I once had an analog keys and felt a huge bump in the convenience/workflow/fun factor compared to the analog four.
Now, I think I am going to fall in love with the DNK! Can’t wait!

3 Likes

DT is Digitakt, DN is Digitone. So DNK for Digitone Keys. Be careful or you could spread a Digitakt Keys rumor. :smiley:

3 Likes

Woops. Just edited my post thanks

You’re not reasonable. :wink:

1 Like

Someone has probably already thought of this, but id like to see, simply, an Elektron Keys- basically, the broken-off keyboard portion, but with 49 (or more) keys. Keep the same height/depth, mod/pitch wheels, assignable encoders, etc -add a small screen for programming. Some other bells and whistles like arpeggio, USB-host capability, a midi merge hub would be nice and simple to add.
If they really wanted to knock it out of the park, have it also function as an overbridge USB audio interface with a slew of assignable 1/4" jacks - able to break out the individual tracks of digiton, digitakt, or any overbridge-equipped machine, add extra external inputs, duplicate outs, or effects send/returns, cue, who knows what else… CV?!
That last part might not even be feasible, but we can dream.

Brackets for attaching the elektron box of your choice on the end are optional.

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks an elektron sequencer plus 37 keys is worth waaaay more than an 88 keybed? Considering all the functionality down the origi-tone end I’m glad the wheels are there. Play with righty tweak with lefty… just like my grandma always told me.

Problem is folks are mad on Toto - Africa and now all the kids got brain damage!.. poor little crud-munchers.

2 Likes

First batch is already Sold Out …my guess would be…a 500 in one batch?
Or rather 1000?

Not defending. Just questioning the incessant harping on a known.
I dont buy something that doesnt have feature i want listed then go online and rant about it.
I knowingly buy something based on its features and if it meets my requirements for the most part and misses some things, i find a way to make that werk.
If it totally misses the mark and doesnt do what i need it to…i simply look for an alternative.

The boxes are made the way they are made. They get as creative as you make them.
Just my opinion, but, having chosen a box that basically meets your needs and finding werk arounds to push it beyond what it does can be very rewarding. Having everything handed to you on a platter can make you complacent.

Anyways…seems like its creating roadblocks for you or whoever has issue. And perhaps an alrernative might werk better.

Price will also reflect feature set

3 Likes

they actually put it out about a decade ago. it’s called the Octatrack.

1 Like

yeah…

or they could just add the damn useful feature in. :sunglasses:

1 Like

the big boxes have…the little boxes don’t.

c’est la vie.