Introducing: Digitone Keys

7 Likes

$949? Where are you shopping? The S61 mk2 is $729.

you mean so they can up-sell people from the Digitone to theā€¦ uh, what now? :thinking:

Digitone Keys presets are available for download in our customer accounts (for those of us who have registered a Digitone/Keys).

7 Likes

Good to know thanks, this evening Iā€™ll register mine :+1:

Sweet!

Well, the up sell from the Digitakt is the AR2 (which is what I did). I wouldnā€™t be surprised if Elektron put out a bigger box Digitone in the future with more features and a heftier price tag.

1 Like

For some reason I am unable to send the sound pack over with C6, I can send others no problem but the DK bank A does nothing. Anyone else have this?

Edit: C6 Says sent 86528 but DN just flashing Waiting Dataā€¦ once hit no it still shows 256 in the selected bank.

Solved: I was still on 1.10. Updated and dump worked.

Dear Digitone factory sounds contributors, thank you for the new sounds!

1 Like

The AR is not the up-sell from the Digitakt at all. The DT has 8 tracks for MIDI sequencing, itā€™s a very different box from the AR. I donā€™t know how you could be under this impression, especially having owned a DT.

The AR2 is indeed the up sell to the DT. That doesnā€™t mean that it has every single thing the DT does.

One is a drum machine, the other is a hybrid drum machine and powerful MIDI sequencer. Iā€™d say they are very different products with SOME overlap, but I really do not think Elektron is thinking that people will buy the DT and then decide to ā€œupgradeā€ to the AR. If someone sold their DT and bought an AR, they would be missing a GIGANTIC feature, MIDI sequencing. Itā€™s not just a feature, itā€™s practically half the machine. Just because it costs more and shares some of the functionality does not make it an up-sell.

1 Like

So what could be the real reason to not implement the Song Mode in Digiboxes?

OVERBRIDGE

1 Like

:thinking: Watch menus! Hard to find Elektrons with more things in common, except DT and M:S of course. Of course Midi tracks make a big difference, but same DNA.
I think AR is DTā€™s genetic father, and M:S grand father.

1 Like

Remember when this thread was about the DigiTone Keys?

6 Likes

Weā€™re going to have to agree to disagree. And feel free to ignore my posts in the future, and Iā€™ll do the same with yours.

Sorry. Digitone Keys are the siamese twins brothers of Digitone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Itā€™s beenā€¦ ā€¦so longā€¦ :skull_and_crossbones:

And with the mod and pitch wheels off to the left.

2 Likes