Introducing: Digitone Keys

IMO except the separate outputs (OB still beta, great, yuhu…) you are mainly describing DN + Midi keyboard.

3 Likes

hey, at least they didn’t put the controls on the front!

6 Likes

I am fine with design as harken back to Monomachine keys, but mod wheels in middle like the previous joy stick position does seem to make more sense. Bring on lower used Digitone prices.

But is just :lol:

14 Likes

I think it looks fine but this is funny :rofl:

Yes, that’s true. There’s something to be said for not having to set up everything (default controllers, etc.) and having it all in front of your face, with clear labels and such, though.

I think you can get about 75% there.

2 Likes

Nick and Cenk!

ADDED:
Cenk demos the multimap.

5 Likes

Is it now possible to record aftertouch events or can i only play with aftertouch?

It has to be made :rofl:

4 Likes

Congratulations! looks GREAT!

3 Likes

Really need to double the polyphony and add song mode at a minimum. Probably should lower the price by a $200-$300 as well. As it is I can’t see many people buying this.

Form factor is just silly (there’s a reason nobody copied the Monomachine Keys, which even though limited didn’t initially fly off the shelves). Should’ve made it more like the Analog Keys, but with less wasted space.

It’s hard to watch how misguided a once quality company has become.

10 Likes

I think it looks great

3 Likes

WHAT the heck??? No micro-tuning again! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I think it looks quite cool actually.

But again no song mode on something t that will be priced premiumly?

1 Like

Congratulations and thank you to the preset sound designers:

Blush Response
Celldöd
(d) (glitched) — D. Lee
Palle Dahlstedt
Divkid (Ben Wilson)
Djedjotronic
Mark Fell
Flavia Ferreira
Floppydisk Pirates
Tom Furse
Hizmi
Jogging House
Toru Koda
Ess Mattisson
Jimmy Myhrman
Cenk Sayınlı
Skinnerbox
Matia Simovich
xndr
Zabutom (Niklas Sjösvärd)
Erik Ångman

10 Likes

Sorry, but this is (in my opinion) awful. maybe i´m wrong. but proportions and ergonomics are not good.
sorry for crashing the party.

7 Likes

it’s already for sale on their website. I doubt they’re going to drop the price and throw in more voices at this point…

you mean by going to back to a design similar to one they did 15 years ago?

maybe it will sell well, maybe not. my guess is they’ll later have a version of the Digitakt with pads. both of these instruments would offer more tactile feedback for players and make programming them a more enjoyable experience. how many people play beats into the RYTM by tapping in the step keys, versus hitting the pads? same deal when you’ve got the keys right there; it makes creating sounds and playing them in much more enjoyable.

it’s not an awful approach really. when the DT and DN first came out, many saw them as a means to get more affordable Elektron (before M:S came out). they’re offering an option to build on that, for those that’d like to. if they do the DT with pads and individual outs for a similar price, who’d be stoked?

4 Likes

Bo Beats

ADDED: Toward the end of the video Bo offers his alternatives to the Digitone Keys – the Yamaha MODX, the Korg Minilogue XD, the Arturia MicroFreak.

1 Like

This thing seems cool as hell but damn it is expensive!
Wtf, twice the price of a digitone, +600euros for separate audio outputs and a quite simple midi keyboard?!

12 Likes

Woohoo. A new keytar to breathe life into Rockband 2.

2 Likes

I would rather have this than the Digitone that I already have, but not for that price. That’s way too high. Should cost a bit less than what they take for an A4 imo. That would be more fair :slight_smile:

5 Likes