Introducing Digitakt

Yep it’s gone though was just there as a news piece and not in the product list. Maybe they are finalising spec listings to put it into the product list this week?

Maybe it’s all a marketing rouse, a mock up of a fake machine before they drop the real OT2 on us!

Maybe DT is the real OT2!!!

(Awakens from dream)

2 Likes

It’s in the menu.

With Rytm

1 Like

It’ll probably have a synth, then. Right? They probably didn’t say anything because it wasn’t ready to show off. A “drum computer” says to me a Pocket Operator-style capable synth plus the samples.

yeah, hope so…

budget rytm…

and rytm update with ext midi out + internal sampling possibilities…

1 Like

What’s the point of internal sampling if it’s mono only?

1 Like

what about digitakt… also mono i thought…

Sorry, I misread… thought you were talking about DT :slight_smile:

But yes, case in point.

Appologies if this was already covered but I didn’t see it. The CDM article above mentions audio tracks in addition to the sample tracks. I’m reading this as backing tracks meaning streaming from ram. Is this correct, am I misunderstanding or does the article just misstate the feature?

It’s not clear. I have a feeling that Elektron meant you could load 8 samples at a time - not DAW-style audio tracks - and CDM misunderstood. But they really should at minimum have stereo backing track functionality and song mode for a box like this.

1 Like

Nope. It’s a drum machine. That’s why it is next to Rytm, in the Drum Machine category.
No synthesis required. (not to mention Elektron has confirmed that there is no drum synthesis)

2 Likes

Though you can load a synth sound as sample and play chromatically with some basic manipulation?

Of course.

I’m not trying to instigate group excitation but was it March we are supposed to learn more?
I’m hoping this thing will be good for some intelligent breakcore and more esoteric audio manipulation and sound design.

search this thread for “march”
then search it for “april”
Look for posts by Elektron employees.

2 Likes

I’m not that tech savvy!

Should probably search May too!

Elektron have not yet made a drum machine that you can’t do bass, melodies, etc on. :okej:

I know we’ve been over this many times but I still find it very misleading that they’ve categorised it as a drum machine rather than a sampler.

2 Likes

I imagine because it seems to be an eight track mono sampler/sample player with an OS specifically designed to manipulate percussive samples. Well-voiced assignable envelopes, fine tuning of start/end/loop points (I’d hope), but limited memory to do a lot of long samples.
But it could just be marketing, because if it does not include synthesis engine(s) and its functionality is an audio sampler only, then it’s a sampler (OT2 lite). But whatever Elektron want to call it is cool.

1 Like