Introducing Digitakt

why not?
i use left 3 pads for ‘breaks’, so with no kick
i use second 3 for add-ons
i use third 3 pads for samples with start and end points…
i use right 3 pads for fx changes

not always exactly the same… but i try to keep it kind of similar

works very well for jamming, next to my standardized perf. pads…

1 Like

If improvising from scratch then just work from an init kit you’ve made that already has transposed scenes assigned.

3 Likes

If I have a couple of tracks running on AK, and then I want to create, say, a bass line with a Rytm, and suddenly come up with a brilliant idea for a new chord progression and transpose the AK accordingly while playing a melody with the Keys, can you keep the Rytm following (in practice, not theory).

Thr Rytm would have been a perfect way to add a couple of voices to the meager 4 of the Keys, but alas, no transposing on the Rytm.

If the Takt would transpose, it would be just nifty, and make my day.

it’d be cool if they don’t neuter the DT.
when I got the AR I felt it was nearly soo good but I got the distinct feeling they’d neutered it’s synth ability out of fear that people might not then buy the A4 (and its sample ability due to the octatrack etc).
I really think they’re too paranoid of such things. even if it was a synth beast I’d still have got the a4. and the octatrack. and machinedrum. which I did, cause I love elektron gear :slight_smile:
AR wrecks my buzz tho. sorta brilliant but oh so nearly unreal. sold it and went back to machinedrum as it’s way more enjoyable to jam on imo.
bring on the DT demos

4 Likes

so it looks like the DT has significant overlap with the MDUW (if drum synthesis is included) and slight overlap with OT (lacks sample mangling, scenes, crossfader, etc.). basically it can be the “brain” for your hub but not “brain and mixer.”

what i would really like to see more is a proper OT2, that includes the trig conditions and 2 more inputs at a minimum.

Pretty boring to me if it is just a sample player. Already have OT and Rytm so not much appeal from whatai have seen. Would be down if it had quality drum synthesis, otherwise its the secomd elektron box in a row that I don’t have any partucular urge for.

3 Likes

ha ha good point

I still don’t understand why it has stereo inputs for ‘sampling’ if it is a mono sample playback engine.

1 Like

Elektron have said it will Work as a master effect and sound card like the other OB analog gear. So you can sequence gear from the midi tracks and then send the audio from that back to the digitakt

1 Like

It would make a lot of sense to give the user an option to pair up two tracks if they’d like to use stereo samples; everything needed is right there anyhow. It shouldn’t overburden the processor since a track must be sacrificed in the process. This fits into the catagory of desirable workflow things you can’t really know anything about until more details have been released.

6 Likes

I really hope they offer this

Yeah mono only is pretty lame for a digital box

2 Likes

With stereo inputs, you can apply effects on stereo input source it and play it stereo.
Can be sent in overbridge in stereo.
You can choose or sum left and right signals for recording.

2 Likes

This box does look nice, with limitations and a price tag that seems to fit those limits but after spending time with the OT + bass/tanbur this weekend, I realized the :heat: is the final box for a working compact live setup for me (so tapped out with gear purchases right now) Maybe the DT at home for me at some point, but I just need to complete some work on the gear I have :tunga:

there is no drumsynthesis? So, electribe is getting more interesting than i thought…

Otherwise i’m heading to the sonicpotion lxr, ultimate digital drummachine it seems.

1 Like

It seems the confusion over “8 Voice Digital Drum Computer & Sampler” is either much more widespread than on this forum alone, or the press have more information than we currently do…

“The Digitakt is described as an “8-voice digital drum computer and sampler”, combining Machinedrum-style synthesis with basic sampling features.”

Source: attackmagazine.com

5 Likes

I’m more interested in the midi capabilities of this unit. If I can sequence a multi timbal hardware synth like the virus electron style from this I’m happy as the AR gives me all the drum sequencing I need ATM.

1 Like

We are not the only ones to get confused my the labeling!

1 Like

As a straight up Elektron midi sequencer at half price and size, assuming none of the OT/MM/MD midi features are removed, it’s looking like something that many people have asked Elektron for over the years. The sampling and drum options are simply a bonus, although they could have gone even further and removed sampling @ 1/3 price and made a voilent killing.

If you already have all their other devices, the only appeal in this is the advanced midi sequencer. But its a good appeal.

2 Likes

I slightly disagree … Overbridge + Sampler is more than a bonus. Of course we don’t know much but still First time Sampling combine with Overbridge. it can be cool (You should Sample DAW by OB inside DT …)

3 Likes