Introducing Digitakt

heh…

Temptation is a disease
You can never do as you please
Your body takes over and your mind don’t care
Never think twice what might happen out there

Very loud clicky buttons. So much for playing on this in a coffee shop.

I have another question - sorry if this has been answered already: can you load the samples into the sample list directly on the computer? or that’s only for the +Drive? just wondering if you have to add samples individually into the Project sample list

i guess for now you can only transfer them to the +Drive, this might change with OB
or if void updates it’S SDS-Drop App :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well… I hope they will address this issue and the copy and paste a kit shortly!
Different playback speeds per track and some other things that can make this machine from good to really good by just upgrading the OS have to be considered!

1 Like

damn you Cenk! interesting how somebody can love and hate someone at the same time… gasp!
right until a few weeks ago I was set on the MPC Live, then thought of selling the Octa and getting MPC Live, and Digitakt later on… and now… I don’t even know who I am anymore
please help

Haha. Gas sucks :wink: Go jam on your OT and do some stuff you never did before on it. Did the trick for me :wink:

5 Likes

Cuckoo on Digitakt live on YouTube right now!

2 Likes

don’T sell the OT… it’S such a great machine … the extra features are a big plus over the DT

while the DT shines with easier handling even better sound

2 Likes
1 Like

I do like the Digitakt sound a lot more (the reverb, delay, distortion and bit reducer fx all seem way better)
and the idea to be able to record individual tracks over Overbridge would be great for me
well, to be honest if I get the Digitakt first, I might not have to sell the Octatrack first :stuck_out_tongue: so I can play around and compare them… see how the feel together and on their own.
I’m talking out of pure GAS here so I’ll see what I do, I live pretty far away from any chance of getting one so I have plenty of time to think! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha ! That good old Sub Hum Ans, im still a fan after all these years :slight_smile:

1 Like

All of these videos and none of the ones I can find show MIDI sequencing. :frowning: I’d really love to see that in action.

2 Likes
1 Like

From all the videos I’ve seen it seems to me that the DT sounds a little punchier and more detailed and transparent than the OT. But it might also just be a case of “listening with your eyes”. Can someone who owns both machines comment on that? Or post an example of the same beat on both?

2 Likes

There is already a German text review of the Digitakt: https://www.amazona.de/test-elektron-digitakt/

3 Likes

I’m very impressed by the DT. It seems like a lot of fun. I will be buying the MPC X once it hits the stores and I was wondering, how do you guys plan to incorporate the DT with the MPC Live/X? Can they work together side by side? What’s your workflow going to be like?

Just looking for inspiration (and a reason to order this fun little box)

Could mono samples possibly make things punchier also? In Daw (Sonar x3) if I have a stereo drum track (or any sound really) and switch the track from stereo to mono, it seems more focused/punchy, dunno if there’s some science to that tho and maybe just a volume effect of everything being pushed in to a smaller space in the stereo field? I meant to find out before but never have and your post just made me think again to ask…

But yeah, agree the demos so far do seem to have a higher quality soundn in general than OT. Tho I do a lot of stretching in OT which deteriorates a lot of sounds in not a great way :confused: so I don’t really have a good frame of reference. I’d be interested for some a/b like you mention…

I read somewhere the envelopes are more snappy and the filter adds probably also a lot to the sound.

1 Like

Hi flocked, while the envelopes may be snappier personally I think the filter is on the softer, more subtle side compared to an AR’s.

1 Like