Introducing Digitakt

look like no pattern chaining in video, everything just play in one pattern then change patterns manually, is it?

haha Yeah Im sitting thinking the same.

Iā€™m in love with my MPC Live. Despite saying I would leave things for a bit and try and work the Live and OT together I canā€™t help but think about Digitakt haha

1 Like

not having mine, but i TOTALLY agree.

i gladly had forked out a bag of coins more to get something less a Toy.
small but real ? why not ? :wink:

well i know it in advance, many here will run circles around OTs with the DT. :lol:
so it will hurt twice

this is really somethingā€¦ GAS up 500%

Iā€™m getting my Digi tomorrow :slight_smile: just got it confirmed, straight from Elektron HQ to the dealer :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Hey guys new here, been a long time old school mpc 2000xl users, as alternative /alongside the more typical things like Live + push2 etcā€¦

I used to be super quick on the MPC, doing things was like muscle memory, I hope to get like that with the Digi, it also looks way aster to keep up with that work flow & iā€™ve been missing creating a track away from the computer, the push 2 comes close, but ultimately its only as fast as my Mac.

Digitakt look like the perfect way to get some of the instantaneous MPC grooves that i like, when the desk & screen get too dull!

Iā€™ve ordered one & canā€™t wait to receive itā€¦ but am I right in thinking we canā€™t actually track out / stem out our music once made until we have overbridge support? Iā€™m super interested to hear what people will do until this point, in terms of finishing pieces of music made in the Digitakt before overbridge?

Huge thanks,
Matt

if youā€™ve made your mind up thatā€™s fine, each happy with what tools suit them. I wouldnā€™t normally bother arguing in this situation but i would really like to be helpful, so Iā€™m not writing this just to prove you wrong. In the future at some point I think you might find it useful to understand the difference between time signature and speed, especially in collaborations or co-composing. (and apologies if youā€™re not a native english speaker and this is just a language misunderstanding. ) but in English music terminology the time signature and speed are two different things The amount of beats/rhythmic divisions is the time signature (or amount of steps in this situation)ā€¦ the tempo is the speed. The scale function on the OT and DT is something else.
time signature (noun) MUSIC: an indication of rhythm following a clef, generally expressed as a fraction with the denominator defining the beat as a division of a semibreve and the numerator giving the number of beats in each bar.
vs.
tempo (noun) MUSIC: the speed at which a passage of music is or should be played.

1 Like
1 Like

Heyā€¦ knows anyone if i can send my samples via overbridge to digitakt right now?
because on the OB site is written it will be available later this year.

thanks

The sample transfer app is already available in the support section of elektron.se

2 Likes

ok no problem, just trying to help you out with music theory knowledge, ( has nothing to do with semantics as their definition in the manual is correct, already explained that earlier. Introducing Digitakt )

1 Like

After seeing the Dataline vid I may just have to reply with topkek(ler).

2 Likes

Ordered.

1 Like

Well shit, I crumbled and ordered. I hate Elektron some times.

4 Likes

I lost my patience with the uk retailer i have a preorder with as they never haven updates so I just ordered direct from elektron. Doesnā€™t mean I will get it any quicker but at least I know I will get it.

3 Likes

I know what you mean. I definitely donā€™t need a DT, owning OT, A4, Rytm, OP1 and a few others, but damn that package looks tasty. Probably wonā€™t be able to resist their next box either, whatever it will be :frowning:

2 Likes

Iā€™m readyā€¦ mostly stereo samples so should almost half in size when upped to the Digitakt.
This 1GB is going to go further than I thought haha

4 Likes

iā€™m sure itā€™s the right move. That way they can afford to have more resources for developing/debugging OB

i said it a couple of times ā€¦ as someone that is really not much interested in OB i was always a bit unhappy that they spend so much of the development-power into this instead of the devices iā€™m working with or new hardware

so by charging for a pro-version everyone who is interested can buy it and those who donā€™t can save some money

3 Likes

Iā€™m canceling my pre-order. If and when Elektron has a pattern chain mode that can be saved, or a song mode, then Iā€™ll get one.

7 Likes

Hi there,
first post in this forum, as I ordered my first Elektron device, which will be a DT.
Canā€™t wait! Iā€™ve been looking over Elektron devices for ages, now is the correct time to get one :slight_smile:

8 Likes