Introducing Digitakt

An OT, a DT, and an MPC live walk into a bar… Or was it four bars? :sweat_smile:
Knock Knock,
Who’s there?
Deluge…
Deluge who?
Delusional if you think one of us will make your music better than another without practicing… :smile:
MPC swings the door shut screaming “is this a Pyramid scheme?”…
OT asks DT, have you seen Elvis lately?
Hector laughs and orders another round! :beers:

23 Likes

Bye the way I mean no offense with the practice line, just had to complete the joke somehow…
Alternate version was:
“Delusional if you think we’ll get anywhere out of this DT thread!” :smile_cat:

3 Likes

But its so true :slight_smile: You always think this and that will make your music better especially when you see some pro playing them you think its the machine… :smiley:

4 Likes

I do think there’s truth to it but talking on the Internet is weird and I don’t want to inadvertently offend anybody.
Let it be known Open_Mike supports everyone in everyway on their sonic quest…
I have opinions but they are mine and don’t get in the way of me supporting others opinions…
Let’s rock, and help each other rock, together, as a community…
:monkey_face:

8 Likes

Aaaaaand relax!

1 Like

One more thing while I’m on this tangent then I’m off…
Occasionally when I try to offer a solution to someone’s request to get to their desired goal with the current functionality of Elektron machines, instead of being viewed as some nice person in a far off land taking time out of his day to help someone play music, I am seen as guarding Elektron and their lack of said feature and am viewed in a negative light… I find this mind bogglingly silly… :upside_down:
:peace:

10 Likes
  • 1000 on the “copy and paste a kit” to another pattern request.
    I would rate it as beeing totally essential for a good and fluffy workflow.
    must have.
    to link one kit to several patterns would be very welcome also. just that i don´t expect it to come.
1 Like

the other thing: i wonder how many “wigglers” we see here just alone on the last few pages, lol
:wink:

And there you go–Elektron’s impetus behind this product. It’s an Elektron-ized sampler which excels at simplicity and immediacy.

4 Likes

i’m already finding that the rytm and dt are an incredible match. they sound very different.

3 Likes

Seen these?

1 Like

Totally agree. Surely one should simply be able to load a kit from another pattern into the currently selected pattern.

Otherwise the workflow is:
Perfect kit in one pattern
Save that pattern into a whole load of slots
Edit each pattern - and woe betide you if you want to edit the kit

I must admit I’m starting to feel a bit perturbed about some aspects of my preorder.

Exactly, and at the lower price point than other :3lektron: boxes is good for a great many people wanting a more feature rich standalone sampler / Drum Computer than say a Circuit or an Electribe. It was always going to have some compromises as you say, but it doesn’t compromise on the immediacy and performance simplicity you speak of.

@Joshua p.32 of the manual… each track can have it’s own length (i.e. own time signature)

You’re looking at the wrong bit. The Scale is set for the whole pattern, it doesn’t look like you can change that for individual tracks… but length can be

10.9.2 LENGTH PER TRACK MODE
In this mode, the tracks of the pattern can be assigned individual lengths. Press [FUNC] + [YES] to switch between the two scale modes. In LENGTH PER TRACK mode, two columns exist, TRACK and PATTERN.

1 Like

what is time signature?

I’m new to the Elektron world and the world of conditional trigs. Would it be possible to setup a conditional trig with the microtiming to say have the sample start within a specific range (slightly early or slightly late or in a specific range after the beat) to add a human feel to the drums?

5 Likes

they’re not really different things. the length of the track is how you set the time signature.
the device (like the OT) works in amount of steps not time signatures, so you define the time signature yourself by choosing the amount of steps in a pattern or track.
e.g. you could set one track to 16 steps which would allow 4/4
and another track to 12 steps for allowing 3/4
so it’s possible to have different time signatures on different tracks in the same pattern.

@wouzer a time signature is the amount of beats in a measure (bar) of music.
so if your time signature is 4/4 that means 4 beats per bar of music.
3/4 would mean 3 beats (like a waltz ). you might find this video helpful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtvx57P4oKo
EDIT - actually this one has sound examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZqJpp4EixE

thanks, I understand it, didn’t know the English therm for it…

so in DT, whats the difference with individual track length?
if you can accent yourself with like volume?

i think i see why you’re getting confused. When it says ‘scale sets the general time signature’ what it means is the lower half of time signature.
so for example -
if you had 6 steps in one track and 8 steps in another and the scale was set to 1/1
then you would have 6/8 and 8/8 playing together (assuming you put some emphasis on the downbeat)
but if you set the scale to 1/2
you would have 3/4 and 4/4 feel wise (though with the emphasis left in it would sound like half speed)