Introducing Digitakt

2nd batch will better anyway (I keep telling myself) :grinning:

3 Likes

how meanā€¦
lol

Iā€™m wondering what these new Roland drum things are that come out on Friday. If itā€™s the sampler that has been alluded to for over a year now then I bet a few ppl will be selling the DT. Not me!
If anything, iā€™ll buy both. but letā€™s be honest, itā€™s probably a gospel inspired drum pad with new sensor technology or a programmable accordian.

2 Likes

Sweetwater rep told me today that the ETA is 6/7/17. Disappointing, but Iā€™ll survive. A few weeks ago They told me the date was supposed to be date :unamused:

2 Likes

Curious. Do you have a link to this news? Iā€™m interested. A Boutique 808 would be cool.

like i said, itā€™s probably nothing but the pro video thing has me interested bc they always make the video gear in the same cases as their samplers.

Watching these DT videos from Superbooth makes me want to throw my Beatstep Pro in the trash . . . and I say that as someone who loves the BSP. Too cool what can be done with each step on the DT with ease. Why oh why did I not preorder??

3 Likes

I keep shaking my head every time someone complains that the Digitakt is monoā€¦ electric guitars are mono and for 50 years people have been creating great music with themā€¦

Almost every classic synth is monoā€¦ modular synths are monoā€¦

People are just not happy they canā€™t load their loop packs that someone else made into itā€¦

Get creative people. Sample stuff yourselves.

8 Likes

I purchased several of the Aria gear. I never use it. I would love if Roland would put out a great samplerā€¦ I just donā€™t see it happening.

1 Like

Yep. Lots of mono stuff thatā€™s great (electric guitars have been around for more than 50 years, but Iā€™ll let that slide :wink: ).

Back in the old days of tape, we recorded a lot of things in mono to keep the track count down. Personally, I find it much easier to get ā€˜punchyā€™ drums that sit well in a mix with mono samples.

5 Likes

easy tiger, some people also like to sample their stereo synths like Virus etc or other atmospheric sounds which lend themselves well to stereo

5 Likes

Ok, mono is better. Everything in mono from now on since it is superior.

3 Likes

Almost perfect ! Some french people can be much worse. :sweat_smile:
Actually my dreamy plan is :
A4 + AH
OT + DT
I was thinking about a second OT, I really think DT is much more complementary.
If I buy AH, Iā€™ll need DT for obvious visual reasons, and vice versa. :wink:

(On OT, what about Arp and Microtiming Trig Counts for midi retrig?)

Ohms to the Elektron Doulaā€™s.

1 Like

I agreeā€¦ Atmospheric sounds do sound better in stereoā€¦ I am hoping that the master section has stereo effects which would help with this kind of stuffā€¦ I just personally have no problem with a mono instruments. all my synths are monoā€¦ I just donā€™t see this as the massive limitation others do.

1 Like

got an update from perfect circuit, still expecting by the end of month. i ordered right i saw the superbooth video and iā€™m going to be part of the 1st shipment

4 Likes

Glad you can finally see that bright, shinning, singular light.

I need mono. Stereo is nothing without mono.

3 Likes

the master effect system is stereo

3 Likes

iā€™m currently writing tracks with no stereo panning whatsoever, for performing through systems at clubs where the entire stereo image may not be heard on either side of the room.

the space and flexibility that is lost by not using stereo panning in the mix is regained by just using less sounds in the track.

7 Likes

I wonder if people use Overbridge in a live setting? From what a search of the forum says, OB doesnā€™t seem very stable for a lot of people. Maybe because of the USB 1?