I called around and found a shop in Japan that still had one slot open on their first round of reservations! I was told that Elektron initially told them late May, but are now saying it could be pushed back to early June. Anyway, I am locked in! I've never preordered on something before I've seen the final specs, but it's such a beautiful instrument that I don't want to have to wait! I'm really excited to have my first Elektron.
Edit: the shop just called me back and can't confirm I'm in for the first round until Thursday. Fingers crossed.