Introducing Digitakt

coool :slight_smile:

Yup! Confirmed with my sales rep at Sweetwater as well!

I donā€™t understand this. If I plock step 1 filter cutoff at 0, but step five a quarter turn; will this just be a direct jump?

If it works like current p-locks yes. You get the smooth transitions by using slide trigs which apparently do not exist on the DT per Simon.

1 Like

All I have is the rytm so I was thinking in those terms. Thanks for clearing it up.

No parameter slides? Damn

Or maybe it COULD be for you @Vldsls_Drkwlya if you perhaps thought about it differently. If you consider that even a guitar pedal is potentially an instrument interface, to be played in the moment. Yet, it necessarily requires at least one hand on it, thus the need for increased creative thinking, if your other hand is occupied with another instrument. Thatā€™s, to me, the challenge of multiple instruments rather than an instrument and a simple (or complex) playback device.

If there are no slide trigs, maybe a global option can be implemented that either makes parameter locks always slide or not like on the Korg Monologue.

2 Likes

Iā€™d want them to always slide

1 Like

itā€™s the best thing ever tho.
so much you can do with the MDUW recorders/playersā€¦
tbh sampling is the one thing Iā€™m feeling a bit meh about re DTā€¦ not that itā€™s bad, pretty sure it does the job, just could be more interesting, considering the history of Elektron devices which sample things.

5 Likes

I hear ya tho I couldnt disagree more, MD n OT sampling was unnecessarily convoluted imo. flex & static are like stuff under the hood the user shouldnā€™t need to see, n a ram track not being able to both record and play takes ages to set up. any advantage it might give you i just never use, then having to move samples to Rom n save em there is a buzz kill.
mibe DT is more aimed at the likes of me than u in this regard, I think theyā€™ve nailed it this time round :slight_smile: yipee

1 Like

So itā€™s May. Where is Digitakt??

Isnā€™t it may 20th or something?

I donā€™t think they have stated a date other than ā€œMayā€. So it might as well be today :slight_smile:

^ This, at the earliest ā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™m looking for the video with Simon. Thanks.

Iā€™m hoping that more demo videos of this instrumentā€™s workflow become available, and that through those videos the ui and some of these feature omissions ā€œmake senseā€ to me when demonstrated in actual use, in a hardware setup with other gear. Before the good audio demos from the last few weeks, I didnā€™t see the value of DT compared to their other gear at all. Now Iā€™m enticed by the sound, but I need clarity on this sequencer. And like I said Iā€™m fine with having to flip something here and there. And I totally intend to have my hands all over any of the hardware that I use, but only when I want to, and only to do the cool shit that I want to do. It would be a source of distraction and frustration if Iā€™m always having to look out the corner of my eye so that I can hit a pattern chain switch on time while Iā€™m playing a melody on some other synth. In some cases it just wouldnā€™t make sense at all. __

Probably but it might also have some performance macros/perf modeā€¦ though thatā€™s proabably just be wishful thinking by me :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Olle from Elektron commented earlier that Cenk was doing a series of videos on Digitakt that would be available before releaseā€¦ I wonder when will we get to see them?

Ok, so despite recently getting my OT (and loving it so much I have not made anything in Ableton for weeks) I just preordered. Im hoping that these two will work together brilliantly, if not or I donā€™t gel, I reckon I will flip the DT to help get a MD UW+ instead.

1 Like