Introducing Digitakt

Sweetwater let me know that they’re expecting it in their warehouse on the “third week of May.” Seems to corroborate with similar posts. I was quick on the trigger with that pre-order so hopefully I am in their first shipment! So pumped!

4 Likes

So for example if the pattern chaining works like on a Yamaha Rs7000, I’m stoked. With rs7k, I don’t even use song mode, instead I live record a pattern chain and when i want to end the song I just chain to an empty pattern. Done. If I can live record a long chain of sequences, fine. But pattern chains entered in the style and structure of the A4 would be quite a task if I’m trying to enter every pattern in the song, like one big Faulkner run-on sentence. At the very least, if DT was able to hold multiple pattern chains “on deck” for quick switching between them and I have to make changes manually, I suppose I could do that, but hey, what if I want to play the AK and not have to worry about hitting switches on DT? I don’t want the limits of the hardware to dictate what I’m doing any more than is utterly necessary.

Then DT may not be the product for you.

4 Likes

Man… So here I am Monday evening bank holiday and i have to say… I’m really not feelin any love for this new gimmicky black looking thing called Digi something… :confused:

Specs aside (which have been talked to… death), I am a sucker for all things pretty :princess: and always judge a book by its cover…

you guys/gals find the black box sexier than the lean mean silver machine?

everyone’s different and has different needs innit.
it’s exActly what I have been looking for over the past 10 years :slight_smile:

visually I think the MD is amazing, but it’s ui is a bit clunky (selecting / changing sounds and snapshots etc are a bit buried away in menus, ram rec & play machines taking up a track each and certain other things wreck my head).

Digitakt looks sick, I love it. and it’s UI has been totally sorted out. they’ve fixed everything that annoyed me on the MD :slight_smile:

Natch! Im talking just looks, forget needs :slight_smile:

A silver Digi would looks very, very sexual.

2 Likes

Black is the new silver.

5 Likes

ah ok, I love the silver boxes visually. much more than the black trinity which I think got stale looking very fast.
the digitakt looks fresh tho, well into it :slight_smile:

Can chains be saved? Thats my only question?

1 Like

I hope so :slight_smile:

so they said there’s no parameter slides on DT did they?

I’d really really love some 303 style slide action on the DT for adding some proper-ass feel to midi sequences.

gnomesein :slight_smile:

U sure? I read no slide (i.e. Rytm slide) but parameter slides seem inevitable since trgless trigs has been reported available

no I haven’t a clue really, I know I heard a bit of discussion which sounded like that’s what they said but that’s why ima asking :slight_smile:

what’s the rytm slide?

No parameter slides on DT, unlike AR and A4 (which also has note slide)

1 Like

ok no parameter slides.
will DT have note slides?
(crosses fingers) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I very much doubt it

1 Like

ah that’s a pity.
thanks for the reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

and sure we’ll find some kinda workaround or other way o putting more groove n feel into melodies with p-locks n stuff. lookin forward to experimenting.

1 Like

Simon mentioned LFO for slide action.

And here’s the quote about no parameter slides:

3 Likes