Introducing Digitakt

Pattern chaining is going to be made into a “viable alternative” to song mode? How so? Will it be possible to have really long pattern chains, or multiple sets of chains on deck? Can somebody please explain why this simple feature was ommitted, or is Elektron just going to use the usual tactic of “look dude, if you want that feature this machine just isn’t for you, get an OT”

1 Like

Compressor on the master with side-chaining options for all the tracks, and eventually introducing notch/comb filter modes would make this thing absolutely complete for me.

1 Like

:rotating_light: fake news :rotating_light:

this is not their operating model, please stop perpetuating illogical myths

3 Likes

More i use, learn and love the octatrack, more i think about a digitakt :slight_smile:

1 Like

Plus midi p locks and then yes : )

You mean midi conditional trigs ?
Midi plocks were already in MachineDrum (2001).

Yes but it’s not confirmed yet on the DT

One of the first things that was confirmed :wink:

2 Likes

:okej:

3 Likes

I missed that! Sorry… happy to see that feature there

3 Likes

Your post is so bitter. they said they’ve removed song mode so as to make chain mode better and not have need for both. I’m really looking forward to seeing what they do. no need to be negative about it, it’s a positive thing.

5 Likes

How are the Effect Channels brought over to the DAW via Overbridge? Do we get a seperate Effect Channel?

Look, I’m not trying to sound bitter, sorry if this rubs anybody the wrong way but I’m just very curious about how Elektron plans to implement a chain mode that will perform the function of song mode. The sheer volume of people who have jumped ship on Digitakt the moment they learned that song mode would not be available should be enough to give an impression of the importance of that feature and the delicate care Elektron is going to have to take if they plan on removing it and having another feature cover some of it’s duties. So far, no luck with even a cursory explanation of how thats going to work out.

1 Like

There were a few users in this thread that didn’t initially like the idea of no song mode, but a chunk of them were ok with and accepted an improved chain mode as an alternative. You can always wait till the unit shows up in the hands of those who pre-ordered and more demos are released showing what exactly the machine can do. We should be seeing videos from Elektron soon enough; I imagine about the time the unit ships.

It would be nice to get information on how the new chain mode is going to work. I wonder if we will get information about it before the units ship?

As optimistic as I am about the Digitakt… I don’t think we will see a detailed video on the chain mode before it ships (hopefully I am wrong). I believe Simon has mentioned the manual leading shipment but only barely.

I can imagine they’re all just focusing on working their bolox off for shipping on 15th may :slight_smile:
go for it bais :)/

Got word back from bax, the computer says 23 may!

1 Like

not bad :wink:

1 Like

That means I can take it with me when im up and about for 2 months, together with the 0c and ND2 for drum samples.

great newsss:)

3 Likes