Introducing Digitakt

In general, I think a lot of people who click with the OT don’t understand why folks are put off by it, and vice versa, the people who are put off by the OT don’t understand why the other folks click with it…
The OT’s weird like that. Seems for the most part your either an OT person or your not…

3 Likes

M and W don’t drive me nuts on Ot and A4, those letters are my real name initials though ! :content:

I am an Otist for sure. :loopy:
DT immediacy and jamability can be holidays for live music, next to Ot. :beers:

1 Like

Hopefully there will be the ability to audition samples thru headphones but not so they’re heard thru the main outs. Other Elektron boxes allow this, don’t they?

The first thing I will do after switching it on is listen to see how good the reverb is thru my Beyerdynamics. I’m wondering about the scope of the options for the reverb and delay FX. Will there be different FX types, like spring, plate, room, cathedral for reverb, and ping pong etc for delay?

There is a Cue fonction on Octatrack, not in DT for the moment apparently, it may be another complicated thing. :slight_smile:
A few settings on AR/A4, 8 for Delay (X and Width setting for pingpong) , 8 for Reverb (no reverb types). The specs might be similar on DT, check AR manual. :wink:
The reverb might be good, but not thru a Beyerdynamics, which is too precise. :grin:

“The Otist Formerly Known as Sezare56”?
You could have your own symbol…

2 Likes

That “Master” has to be a compressor. I’m so convinced.

2 Likes

In one of the Superbooth videos they said that the overdrive acts as a sort of “compressor”. Hopefully that doesn’t mean there is no proper compressor on board.

Btw, I wonder how the wavetable style chromatic playing of a very short looped sample is going to work that Cenk has shown in several demonstrations. How do I know it is in tune? Do I need to keep a guitar tuner nearby?

You would use your ears when tuning a tuna fish.

I don’t trust my ears and for a good reason :slight_smile: …Would be nice if Digitakt included a tuner since they are promoting this type of sample looping as a feature.

I have to say, I’m still looking forward to pairing the OT with a Digi. But right now it’s all OT, but Ableton, field recordings, and live looping as food. I’ll do similar with this, I’m sure.

1ST of May.

1 Like

Month of the Digitakt.

Bring it, Elektron. We’re ready.

2 Likes

oh boy oh boi :p/

1 Like

For the guys who ordered elsewhere than the Elektron website, I had contact with support and they told me that a portion of the pre-orders will go out to some of the retailers. Though around June would be a safer bet to expect your DT.

That’s actually quicker than I’d thought:)

1 Like

Yesssur!

In email support they told me half of the first run are going to shops. I’ll be honest I hope I’m right here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My dealer sticks to his mid May date. Granted, I live in Elektron’s home town. They literally just take the car over to HQ to pick up their orders, though I hear the local DigiTakt batch is very low.

2 Likes

Cool, I ordered at bax, trust they are in there. hopefully…

1 Like

id had mine from g4m but their date changed to mid June so I ditched it and pre-ordered from Thomann. mid may.
hopefully :slight_smile:

3 Likes