Introducing Digitakt

What do you mean by this? Do you want to route the audio from an external instrument to the inputs of the DT?

I think compression and specifically sidechain compression is virtually essential in the digitakt, so I sure hope that is going to be included in the master section (or anywhere). I loved the compressor on the rytm, but always wished that it had a few more features (sidechain and limiting, mostly).

Iā€™ve got the MPC Live + Digitakt pre-ordered and Iā€™m sincerely hoping that at least one of the two will have enough compression options to make my life easier in live performance situations.

On the other hand, if elektron wanted to get rich, they should make the following as the next box:

A hardware compressor/sidechainer/limiter/gater/sidegater with full MIDI and CV/gate integration, class compliant USB, DC coupled, and other live performance/sound reinforcement types of effects included as well.

I donā€™t think Iā€™m alone in being willing to pay basically anything for a box like that because it would make live performance SO MUCH less painful than it is now.

No matter what happens, most of us (who buy it) will find a way to make the Digitakt fit into our workflows one way or the other. But built in compression with sidechaining and a limiter would go a LONG way to that end for most/all of us.

1 Like

I like the option of being able to p-lock FX settings

The Digitakt is immensely strong
And immune to nearly any weapon
When itā€™s properly used itā€™s almost invincible shah-shing!!

3 Likes

Hear hear!

Cheers to Simon for putting up with us! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

absolutely, you guys at elektron are very patient with us. respect :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We need to show some digi-ā€œtactā€ā€¦

10 Likes

My latest wondering: Will the MIDI Thru port act like the A4 (good) or like the AR (shit)? Fingers crossed for the former!

Anyone know if the DSI Tempest responds to midi in so I could sequence it on the Digitakt and have full control of its parameters for p-locks?

?

What s the difference?

Hmm, what do you mean exactly? The Thru port on the Rytm and Four is practically the same.

3 Likes

Yeah, I apologized to him earlier. As I said, I simply got a bit excited - no intention to hurt anyones feelings.

Hehe, no worries at all. Good to see that you guys are passionate :ecstatic:

7 Likes

I was under the impression the MIDI Thru on the A4 copies the MIDI out and on the AR it copies whatā€™s coming from MIDI in. Maybe Iā€™m wrong about the A4? I only have experience with the AR and I would love it if MIDI Thru could be a copy of MIDI out!

Wow. Digitakt. First time posting in this thread (though Iā€™ve been following it all along) because I was sure that this wasnā€™t something I wanted as an AR/Akeys owner. TBH, it seemed really basic and boring ahead of the demosā€¦

But the demos. Why is it that Elektron has the knack for making me want everything they make - and so much more so than any other company? Thereā€™s just something to the Elektron way that Iā€™m intrinsically drawn to. Been that way since I got my MD in 2009. And there is still very little reason for me to ā€œneedā€ this. Got synthesis covered with AKeysā€¦and AR for drum synthesis too. LOVE the AR for samples. And never been one to claim that the uploading process is painful- with SDS, it simply isnā€™t a problem. But I guess Iā€™m really drawn to the sampling workflow and the snazzy GUI. Itā€™s shiny and I want it, damn it.

Hereā€™s where I really need to give myself a sound talking to: Iā€™ve had an OP-1 on order for ages (they seem to be way back ordered) for a smoking 20% off price of $679USD. But Iā€™ve been waiting since the beginning of February and now Iā€™m considering cancelling it and getting the DT. But this is ludicrous. ALL I own is Elektron with the exception of a Minitaur and a few VSTs. My brain knows that Iā€™ll get so much more variety out of diversifying and the countless things Iā€™ve read and watched have me convinced that the OP-1 is the ticket for this considering my means.

Tell me Iā€™m a fool and to keep the OP-1 order. I donā€™t need a digitakt.

2 Likes

Donā€™t get hopes up. Tempests midi in sequencing ainā€™t a strong point. Youā€™d have some fun though

oh yea? in what way might it not work well do u know?
thanks a mill

The DT and OP-1 combo is extremely complimentary, they are very well suited to one and other.
Keep that in mindšŸ‘

2 Likes

i think I prefer a protective lid with a battery in it.,.,.

4 Likes

I think its possible to make a workaround even without a built in tuner: In the wave-editor its possible to tune the sample very precise. if its possible to play back another sample at the same time, it would be possible to tune the samples by ear: just have a bunch of sine tones at different tunings ready in a folder on the +drive, compare and tune the sample until its in tune. To do this with a kick, just tune it up one or two octaves and then down again.

just an ideaā€¦

2 Likes