Introducing Digitakt

I also wonder if there’s a way to recall the saved parameters after CTRL ALL is applied.
it’s not necessarily the same as reload the pattern, as it may have mutes for example…
as with many of you, I have to admit that Cukoo’s video sparked my interest a bit.
as an Octatrack user I dig the simplicity and imediacy of it, seems like a lot of fun to play.
also, the aux fx, distortion and filter, all seem a lot better than the Octa’s…

I’m quite intrigued about the MIDI tracks, hope we get some info on that too.

Also wondering if they’ll have some kind of iPad integration… that would be really interesting, although I don’t want to speculate that much.

there’s one specific dealbreaker though: 127 slots. Cenk said there might be something coming up though.

for now, I still aim to MPC Live, but the Digitakt is looking more promising

Pretty sure that the USD price is the target , and the euro/gbp are based off of that and whatever the currency conversion is.

This is why Elektron prices fluctuated heavily the last couple years in Europe, but not in the states.

I doubt the US street price of $649 would change at all.

1 Like

yeah not sure how program change is supposed to work with 256 patterns per project tbh… maybe if they use bank select as well, would be a new one tho…

off to their night of machines thing soon, gotta pester em some more ;D

4 Likes

lmao cenk looks like he’s a gram deep into some mdma in that picture

8 Likes

New OT owner that’s why i"m not GASing a lot for the DT but very impressed by the little beast… great Cuckoo video and perfect Cenk demo.
Master… i guess a compressor :slight_smile:

1 Like

well, all those new demos of digitakt made me jealous of new features, that my rytm could have… i mean bpm and mutes save in pattern… and immediate switching tracks instead of pressing track+pad each time…
maybe someday? pretty please? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been fairly quiet and “meh” about this machine. But after seeing that Cuckoo & Cenk vid, I think this Digitakt has jumped onto my wish list.

Wish they could implement Cntrl-Al on the Rytm! Really miss it from the MD. Glad to see they’re bringing it to the Digitakt at least.

Not sure if I will sell the Rytm or not. Any Rytm owners contemplating selling and getting a Digitakt? If so, I’m interested in hearing your thought process.

dunno, i think i’ll stay with rytm, i really like new synth engines, and scene+perf modes, and it’s 12 tracks vs 8 :slight_smile:
but it’s tempting, yeah. ctrl+all and sampling and better workflow is huge stuff

1 Like

Ha. Looks like we were wondering the same thing at the same time.

Yeah, it’s a puzzle. I feel like Digitakt contains the missing parts of the Rytm I have been wanting for so long. MIDI sequencing, sampling & resampling, cntrl-al, etc.

Hmmm. I could pay an extra $650 for those features and have two boxes. Or… sell the Rytm. I would miss the drum synths. I could live without the Perf and Scene, Comp, Distortion, etc. But I could use something like PO-32 + Mictrotonic and my TR-8 for drum synths. Tough decisions ahead!

1 Like

I picked up a MD MkII waiting for the Digitakt on pre-order. Def keeping both and using the Digitakt as a sample horse for the MD patches, for additional samples and further manipulation if need be. If you can afford it, I’d recommend keeping the synthesis of the RYTM around… And hopefully enjoy working back and forth between the two units

Rytm owner here, seriously contemplating selling for digitakt. When I think long and hard about it, I would miss scenes more than anything. What I miss now is sampling, re sampling, better control over sample start/end, midi sequencing. I use a lot of samples anyway on the Rytm. I would miss the synth engines but not terribly. A biggie is also the money it would free up and allow me to buy a heat :smile:

3 Likes

Re Master : wouldn’t it make sense to have some place where you affect the input ?
Like, you have to hear what’s coming in, I guess.
And adjust input levels separately, as two mono source.

If you don’t use the pads much and have an A4 or AK also, I could see some people going that route.

1 Like

Analog drums with crazy sauce digital modulation anyone?
Keeping Rytm…

2 Likes

OT’s definitely a keeper in my book as well…

2 Likes

Man, just got the OT last month and I’m still learning about what the OT can do… Soo, should I save myself some time and sell the OT for the DT or just keep OT and not just buy the DT??..

Anyone know if DT can route input through the effects like OT’s Thru Machine?

I guess if you use different samples and tweak start/end points you can get similar surprises. What you miss is the ability to sequence/store ctrl+all buffers since you don’t have a dedicated track

The DT can not even touch 90% of what the OT can do. Unless you’re dying to have trig conditions (which I have honestly never really even wanted, though I see their use), or dying to use Overbridge, don’t even think about getting rid of it.

2 Likes