Introducing Digitakt

Shut up Wesley! :smile:

4 Likes

All aboard the Elektron mothership. Beam me up its friday farkers :grin:

1 Like

Dammit Jim I’m a doctor not a feature predictor!

5 Likes

This is possible, but You have to sacrifice the next step to do it. Make the conditions you want on the next step and then microtime slide it back all the way so it’s happening basically on top of the previous trig

3 Likes

yea i do that quite a bit. ita not ideal or nothin but it is a thing.

The OT already has chromatic mode.
See “Trig Modes” on page 83 in the manual.

would be nice to see some refinements on the sample edit / trim , jumping to transients /zero points instead of a manual process.

it seems a shame that when you dial in the fx and resample it goes back to mono , tethering 2 tracks to get stereo could be nice but i prefer to keep fx live
would be nice to change the start step instead of only the end step for a pattern.

that master button … probably for full project save/load , fx , config parameters , song mode? , setting up midi channels and all that stuff

and hopefully folders / improved way to scroll through samples though organising by track type is a simple way of doing it i guess… no info on if you can use a bass drum sample from the bass track on a snare track

very interesting box…

It does yes. But not the one that lets you play a very small portion chromatically.

What do you mean? You can have the audio editor open and adjust your sample to very fine resolution while playing chromatically… You can define a length very small and scan the waveform while playing. Maybe that’s not what you meant?

1 Like

I hope they put some sort of assignable macro controls into the master section. But I think it will more likely be a compressor or filter.

I got confused… i was thinking about when you retrigger the sample on a playback page and not in audio editor. All good then. :thup:

1 Like

I hope they add pingpong loop mode, unless it’s allready there. It might help reduce the pops and clicks.

1 Like

it has that!

like, the section which you define by start/length has different loop modes.
plus, you have an additional attack point, i.e. when you play a note, it starts at the attack point, moves to start, then loops the loopy thing (or not). not 100% sure what the options are.

4 Likes

That’s great! Thanks for the info.

The sample start point has fine resolution. Much finer than Rytm.
Goes to 120.00
So can do 64.59, etc.

I’m wondering how this will be good or bad for chains. It might not be good for chains if there is no “snap to” numerical value function.

Perhaps the DT immediacy will make chains not as crucial, especially when Cenk mentions the 127 sample slots per Project may not be final spec (in either SonicState or Cuckoo video, can’t remember which).

4 Likes

Yeah definitely need more than 127 slots for 12 minutes.

I’m assuming that when you push the encoder it will snap to integers, so hopefully sample chains will still be a thing. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like
1 Like

Maybe I missed it in the videos but Cenk did show off the the cnt-all function which is bad to the ass to bring that back. But he stopped the playback before doing the clear to return the tweaks from the control all back to the before state. Any word on if this is available or do we have to save and reload prior?